Slow down in work

Hi All

Just wanted to find out if other people have found this year to be slow with work.

I do mostly domestic work with a few commercial contracts.

For the first time in a while I have found myself having to contact climb for other firms just to feel the diary, where as two years ago I always had 6 weeks ahead for a team of 3/4.

Thanks

One does so hope  .  .  .

The simple pleasure of walking the dogs up the Birch tree shaded Moss Rodden (i.e an unpaved laneway into the moss),

where it instantly feels to be at least 10/15 deg cooler, and always with a gentle zephyr.

Quite magical.

Marcus

• Thanks 1

It's not so much about work picking up  I was wondering if people have found a decrease in the volume of calls this year.

I still seem to win a good percentage of work from my quotes but just don't seem to receive a lot of new leads.

I know that July and August are generally quiet but previous years I could count on a lot of interest in the spring months to generate enough work to see me through summer.

Looking at the calendar now and seem to have a lot of free days.

16 minutes ago, treevolution said:

It's not so much about work picking up  I was wondering if people have found a decrease in the volume of calls this year.

Not noticeably, but we're well established and known locally. But every day there  seems to be a new tree firm knocking around, I'd imagine that it's even worse down south.

Monday is usually the busiest day for phone calls, after people have been in the garden at the weekend, and think I just get that tree pruned.
As.you say July and August will be quiet for phone calls, but fortunately I have enough work to see me through.
But like Marcus, I am well known locally and been around a little while...