Jo Beau M500

forestboy1978

57 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

I used to own a hi tip mini dumper. Too heavy, too slow, too easy to smash guttering, bricks etc off peoples house. Conversion from carrying chip to logs take too long. Needs suitable storage, maintenance etc etc etc and costs a hell of a lot more than an arb trolley. 

I was meaning one of these small narrow access ones. Narrower and smaller than the chipper.  Can pick them up for about double a Arb trolley. Can carry more weight than the 70 quid trolley Least manual work possible. Just make up simple a chip box and most of these can drive up ramps and tip onto Trailer. 

Edited by Yorkshire Compact Loaders

Ah, I see what you mean. 

Yeah would be handy although not very good for long logs.

I will start with a Stein arb trolley I reckon cos it's not a massive amount of money and stowing is compact and it's versatile and bomb proof. I can't imagine chip will weigh more than 100kg per load and that can be pulled not too much problem. Gonna fit a manual winch to the front of the trailer though cos I don't reckon my labourer will get it up the ramps on his own.

• Like 1

Jamming feet against base of tailgate and pulling machine up ramps with a rope.

A van doesn't have a tailgate but being lower I reckon walking backwards is perfectly feasible.  I have a small Brenderup trailer and do just that with the machine.  I could probably just do it with the ramps on the pickup but it would be dicey if a foot slipped.

I use a wheelie bin for chip, also carry a length of 2x1 timber which I shove in to keep the lid vertical when chipping. This works well at the chipping and moving stages but not brilliantly easy to upend it to tip out. I also carry a barrow for timber/kit.
I've dreamed about bigger horse/stable type barrows but they tend to be plastic which would be useless for timber, and also if wider than the chipper wouldn't go through a doorway thus defeating the object.

When I was a teenager mowing grass one of the places had a set of greedy boards on the barrow to get more grass in, so the idea I've been mulling is a twin wheeled steel barrow with wooden box on top. It's enough cheaper than the arb trolley that I will probably give it a go, only one way to really find out.

The arb trolley is a good bit of kit, the thing with that would again be the emptying.

• Like 1

Considering buying this chipper brand new.

My van with tools in weights 3200 - 3300kg and it needs to go in the van so I can't really get anything bigger unless I get a second vehicle. 

Figure I can take the m500 and my whole arsenal of tools for clearances and fencing and pull the tipper trailer that'll take 2.5 tons including cage and ramps so I can just throw branches thicker then 120mm on to the trailer no problem. 

What are your thoughts?

Ta

The M500 weighs 315kgs & is a superb machine, give me a shout as I currently have new & demo machines on offer.