Vid's & Pic's from the Redwoods

Erik

Spent the afternoon sticking and stacking some fresh lumber. Gonna be crippled tomorrow morning.

A couple pics of a little Redwood deck I recently banged out for an old couple that has lived here in my neck of the woods for over 50 years. We removed 2 Redwoods near the cabin and milled them up last year. 

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

Edited by Erik
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Erik said:

Spent the afternoon sticking and stacking some fresh lumber. Gonna be crippled tomorrow morning.

A couple pics of a little Redwood deck I recently banged out for an old couple that has lived here in my neck of the woods for over 50 years. We removed 2 Redwoods near the cabin and milled them up last year. 

IMG_1178.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

Erik that looks great.

Is the cabin their  normal home of just for vacations?

What species is it made from, how old  and the roof shingles?

The cabin is their full time residence. Modest no doubt, but a castle compared to my little board & batten shotgun cabin.

Its was but by a old-timer Swedish builder and his sons around 1900, and is made from small redwood logs with the bark still on them.  Many of the older places around here were build this way,  as leaving the bark on a Redwood log makes them very impervious to the elements, but also makes for a very dark and dusty house to live in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple recent Stumpie's from the same job, and a few more yellow jacket bites! 

Just got started on milling 4x10 timbers for decking on a Redwood bridge rebuild project we will be doing next spring.  2 down,  63 more to go.

IMG_0878.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1195.JPG

Edited by Erik
  • Like 2