Loads of mogs for sale.

jmac

Rough, mog. 20k

Tidy mog 40k 

Decent 10-18tone lorry which has been 6 weekly checked with mot with crane 10k

56miles a hour, can go on motorway comfy quite no wrath of vosa 

I guess there the off road thing but unless your off road alot or live in the valleys most tree work is on drives, car parks etc

happy to be shot down in flames by the mog fans 

• Like 3

What I found is my transit with tow behind many years ago, couldn’t reverse up steep driveways and was underpowered for the drive home as a lot of the towns I worked in were on the coast. Also my chip sites were limited to clean hard standing.
A lorry was too big, even a 7.5tonner and I was still stuck with where to put chip.
A Mog was compact and narrow, in the cases of poor driveway access many a time there would be a field, park or no mans land behind the house so I could drive in that way.
I think it’s perfect for the owner operator, within a big company their benefits as a Swiss Army knife are not as high because you can swamp a job with labour if you need to.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stephen Blair said:

What I found is my transit with tow behind many years ago, couldn’t reverse up steep driveways and was underpowered for the drive home as a lot of the towns I worked in were on the coast. Also my chip sites were limited to clean hard standing.
A lorry was too big, even a 7.5tonner and I was still stuck with where to put chip.
A Mog was compact and narrow, in the cases of poor driveway access many a time there would be a field, park or no mans land behind the house so I could drive in that way.
I think it’s perfect for the owner operator, within a big company their benefits as a Swiss Army knife are not as high because you can swamp a job with labour if you need to.

I think your line of work warrents a mog, my truck is rubbish on hills. I've never dared to do Rockingham hill near me in corby with a full load and bandit on the back 

Kids in the home counties pruning 20ft birches not so much  

1 hour ago, roseyweb said:

I quite fancy a ex environment agency Man 4x4 theres one near me, tipper crane and tows a drawbar lowloader, Makes my heart skip a beat every time i see it 

Me too, seen a nice 4x4 merc for sale recently. Only thing they can't do is run a PTO chipper.

23 minutes ago, jmac said:

Me too, seen a nice 4x4 merc for sale recently. Only thing they can't do is run a PTO chipper.

You can if you interrupt the prop to the back axle and fit a pto splitter. Its all done with one lever that disconnects drive to the back axle and transfers power to the upper flange ( to the pto).

Just happen to have a new one lurking in one of the containers :)

Bob

image.jpg3_zpsufor0ugo.jpg

image.jpg2_zpslxb6c0oh.jpg

10 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

You can if you interrupt the prop to the back axle and fit a pto splitter. Its all done with one lever that disconnects drive to the back axle and transfers power to the upper flange ( to the pto).

Just happen to have a new one lurking in one of the containers :)

Bob

image.jpg3_zpsufor0ugo.jpg

image.jpg2_zpslxb6c0oh.jpg

That's a great idea! Really simple too. Are we going to see an aspen arb blue truck with a chipper soon?

• Like 1