me new bigger pond

difflock

I guess it may be back as much as 18", which considering our freakily dry late March, April, May and most of June, is acceptable considering it lost about 12 of those 18" before I found and fixed a leak( and as far as I can establish the only leak) in early April.

And it has risen a little, perhaps going on 3-4" with the recent patchy rainfall, each 1" of rainfall giving 2" of rise in the pond, with the area of roof being more than equal to the surface area of the pond.

And the 40 rainbow trout are still doing OK, i.e. still feeding strongly and no casualties that I have seen.

I had a notion there was a leak since despite the heavy rain in early March, the water stopped rising, or did not rise as much as I imagined it should. I.e. the leak was relatively high up the bank when I found it.

I hope the water will eventually rise to near the top of the banks, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Marcus

P.S.

I really really MUST install a depth gauge.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

With our continued liquid Sunshine, the water level continues to rise, subjectively probably now at its highest(but again still no depth gauge, derp!)

I do akinda suspect that it will never overflow, and if the surrounding peaty soil can accommodate the diffuse seepage/leakage without becoming marshy(at least next the house) no worries.

However during a particularily heavy shower 2 days ago, the 6" infeed pipe was running between 5/8 and 3/4 full, plus another 4" pipe running 1/2 full.

And it is hard to credit such a volume of water can simply dissappear.

From 500/550m2 of roofs.

Marcus

EDIT

DSC00662.JPG

Edited by difflock
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Need to sort yr greenhouse next 😋 early lettuces 😊 K

I had a fresh tomato yesterday, , with a few sprogs coming on, AND flowers for more!

From last years as yet unpulled out tomato plant behind the glass at the front door, in an otherwise unheated space.

So late they are early!

P.S.

I mentioned moving the glasshouse to Senior Management no later than this morning.

Ya Boo Sucks!

No description available.

No description available.

Edited by difflock
  • Like 2