travellers

westphalian

On 29/06/2018 at 08:06, difflock said:

We saw proper gypsie/romany/itinerient workers on a municipal caravan site in rural France, well actually we didnt, they were away to work before we stirred and not back until after we retired.

An pristine Fendt caravan with a spotless stainless steel kitchen utility unit on its on trailer chassis, and gleaming transit vans.

These, from an Irish perspective, were NOT Travellers.

French Gypsies actually get an allowance for 'housing'

They change caravans frequently.

It is true they are better catered for in France with every larger commune having a site.

Around our town, gypsies offer exteriour cleaning, roof repairs and moss removal.

Their tree 'pruning' work is utterly shocking but there again so is that of many Brit arbs over here.

They mostly use mewps because the gypsy diet being high in fat although some do climb but not outwards.

Their arb trucks are easy to spot.

Often with garish publicity.

Always clean as they don't generally own chippers.

I've used them for scrap removal which they are very good at.

However their roof cleaning is mostly a scam aimed at vulnerable folk.

Instead of using the correct products bleach is substituted. This damages the fibro-cement slates turning them grey.

Male gypsies take a delight in using their reputation to intimidate.

They may accuse you of stealing their stuff in order to get you to open your van to them.

The children remind me of those I met once on a Dublin council estate.

All over you and your kit like flies.

Nothing is safe from their fingers.

If it can't be stolen then it is sabotaged.

Gypsy kids know the current market value of everything you have.

Stuart

• Thanks 2

Well said Eggs , but I haven’t had been called Gobby for the last 30yrs for no reason, Time for a cold one I thinks , waiting for my mate to come and give me a lift to look at a new van coming back from the first show I have done since my accident in January got some orders on the books and my van blows up must be due some good luck soon 

Cheers All

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Well said Eggs , but I haven’t had been called Gobby for the last 30yrs for no reason, Time for a cold one I thinks , waiting for my mate to come and give me a lift to look at a new van coming back from the first show I have done since my accident in January got some orders on the books and my van blows up must be due some good luck soon 

Cheers All

I'm afraid your van broke down because you are a wrong un that doesn't conform with what people are used to. Now, go and pay your poll tax and sit in the corner, and don't dare to voice your opinion again.?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Some are the same hear , I had A very  safe park up in a car park of a closed cold storage unit I was living in a convenient 7and half tonne box lorry , I kept an eye on the garage at night and the garage kept an eye on my truck in the day when I was at work , then one day an Irish couple pulled their caravan on and their kids were all over my rig a couple of hours later more arrived trying to block me in I had to threaten to drive through a caravan to get out of there , so no not all travelers are nice folk just like people who live in just please don’t judge first not every traveller is a thieving scum bag just like not every black person who lives on an estate sells crack .

I Do think we should just close this topic enough saiid I think

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Sorry Kevin just Eggs and me having a laugh not sure I cold explain just call an in joke 

Come on....!

Don't tell me I was the ONLY one wondering why Hairy wanted a sofa for the 'local girls?"

(and if I was then, yes, I was "asking for a mate" because I suspect Mr Bolam would be similarly intrigued...)

PS - where is this legendary sofa by the way.....?  For a mate loike... ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gobbypunk said:

I Tell you what guys I am getting totaly fed up with all this F###ing Shite , I still class myself as a traveler even though I live in bricks It really really saddens me to hear all this narrow minded bullshit Nobody F###ing ever bought anything from me and had a complaint can’t you all just wake up and smell the coffee , it’s the government, the bankers who are having us all over every day . Take a look in the sky at all those long lines that look like noughts and crosses the sky never looked like that when I was in my 20,s they are spraying heavy metals, chem trails , slowly insidiously killing us our kids our planet , we should all be sticking together to try and live together work together play together give it a try who knows you might learn something, This will probably be one of my last posts I thought we had a community on hear how F###ing wrong was I 

True. But those guys are travellers too - "perpetual travellers", see, if you spend less than 180 days a year in a country, you are not considered resident, so don't have to pay income tax in that country. So they spend five months in Switzerland, five months in California, and a month in Dubai and they never pay any tax anywhere. Cunning, ain't it? Ah jeez, I feel your pain though dude, I was an "other" as well growing up, still am in many ways. Can be tough sometimes...

• Like 1