travellers

westphalian

6 hours ago, wicklamulla said:

I got at least 2 groups of New age type Travellers that live near to my abode,  they were living in this area before i turned up.  Both groups are associated with wood / timber; 1 is a chainsaw carver, new age type chap with great skills (and a noice lookin missus so keep away from here Eggs!) he seems sound as a pound (he's a mate of yours  @john p ) 

The udder group are more Hippy like and live deep down in the woods, they have a share in a forestry forwarding machine and one chap in particular is a very clued up Forester and has worked i think in Norway.  They also make eco friendly loos for Glastonbury Festival,  again they are fine and i see them up the pub quite a bit.

I know of at least 2 English Roma families that live in the same area and they are generally aok (apart from 1 or 2 family members)  They seem to feel the 'new age / hippy lot' are taking the pish by claiming 'travellers rights' etc and i often here them referring to them as 'pseudo or wannabe Gypsys'.  When i moved into the area they all incorrectly assumed i was an Irish Traveller/Tinker and treated me with a degree of friendly suspicion! Generally speaking everyone rubs along just fine.  Someone made mention several comments back about the Irish travellers being the worst,  i tend to agree as they can be pure, nasty assed trouble.

I have met and worked with quite a few tree surgeons who travel about the UK in a van and stop in an area for while, work and earn a bit then move on again.  I don't see them as 'travellers or gypsies'.

Working all over the country doesn't make anyone a traveller. Having no fixed abode does, whether folk like it or not. My motorhome insurance once I'm moved out of the house will go up four fold and will class me as a traveller. Now where do you keep that new chipper?

Many years ago I was on a site when a fella got seriously assaulted in our local pub, he was in a bad way, the police came and took everyone's name, the next day they came on the site to question me, and others, the first question CID asked me was "are you a traveller" to which I replied "no", next question "what's your home address", ah, I didn't have one. Guess what said CID man wrote on the paperwork?

Someone should start a thread called "Ever bought anything good off a traveller?" --- I bought (was pressurised into buying) an old sofa once. Got them down from 50 to 20 (sofa was worth 200 new though) and good enough for the local girls. Found out later it was my distant neighbor's old sofa, they sold him a new one on his condition they take away the old one! The hard sell was brutal though...bought a manual rotary pump one as well, not bad. Guy I worked for bought a genuine Honda generator for half price. Lasted about three hours.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Haironyourchest said:

Someone should start a thread called "Ever bought anything good off a traveller?" --- I bought (was pressurised into buying) an old sofa once. Got them down from 50 to 20 (sofa was worth 200 new though) and good enough for the local girls. Found out later it was my distant neighbor's old sofa, they sold him a new one on his condition they take away the old one! The hard sell was brutal though...bought a manual rotary pump one as well, not bad. Guy I worked for bought a genuine Honda generator for half price. Lasted about three hours.

Bought a Hobby caravan off one once, all legit, all paperwork, Cris registered, I put it in my name, gave him £5k for it, sold it a sort while later for £9k, he was keen to get out of the country mind.

Edited by eggsarascal

Bought a Hobby caravan off one once, all legit, all paperwork, Cris registered, I put it in my name, gave him £5k for it, sold it a sort while later for £9k, he was keen to get out of the country mind.

If your in a Hobby caravan when it’s raining it sounds like your in a deep fat fryer, v thin ali!

I Tell you what guys I am getting totaly fed up with all this F###ing Shite , I still class myself as a traveler even though I live in bricks It really really saddens me to hear all this narrow minded bullshit Nobody F###ing ever bought anything from me and had a complaint can’t you all just wake up and smell the coffee , it’s the government, the bankers who are having us all over every day . Take a look in the sky at all those long lines that look like noughts and crosses the sky never looked like that when I was in my 20,s they are spraying heavy metals, chem trails , slowly insidiously killing us our kids our planet , we should all be sticking together to try and live together work together play together give it a try who knows you might learn something, This will probably be one of my last posts I thought we had a community on hear how F###ing wrong was I 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

I Tell you what guys I am getting totaly fed up with all this F###ing Shite , I still class myself as a traveler even though I live in bricks It really really saddens me to hear all this narrow minded bullshit Nobody F###ing ever bought anything from me and had a complaint can’t you all just wake up and smell the coffee , it’s the government, the bankers who are having us all over every day . Take a look in the sky at all those long lines that look like noughts and crosses the sky never looked like that when I was in my 20,s they are spraying heavy metals, chem trails , slowly insidiously killing us our kids our planet , we should all be sticking together to try and live together work together play together give it a try who knows you might learn something, This will probably be one of my last posts I thought we had a community on hear how F###ing wrong was I 

Calm down Gobby, you'll take over from me for throwing teddies out if you aren't careful.?

Fight the bastards from within, they don't like it up 'em............ 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1