Hardest job - Hand cutter, climber or groundsman?

Gary Prentice

Seriously, hand-cutting for sure day to day, although big climbs day in day out for gun climbers are seriously wearing.

Like Matty said, it’s very job dependent.

I’ve done days grounding on long uphill drags where I literally struggled to drive home.

WE’RE ALL AWESOME!

I should probably put that on one of those shitty t-shirts you see on FB.

With @Mesterh @TommyB & @Joe Newton I’d be guaranteed at least 3 sales.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hand cutting, definitely. When you are self select thinning hardwoods, all by hand (no machines to get your hung trees down), it takes substantial mental planning not to get yourself into a bind. It is of course incredibly hard physical work.

• Like 1

Dunno - had good weeks and bad weeks doing them all - a nice bit of thinning 30cm dbh Sitka was pleasant in Spring- before sap rose . Nice Maple reductions or a good site clearance of Poplars , its all got charms , K

hi, i dont climb so cant vouch on that one, but i do go grounding for a couple of lads when i am asked i always say can you post me a holiday form as i find 95% of that quite easy, now today been in some wind blown spruce saw pants glued to my legs by 10am bitten and harassed by horse flies and many other fling things all day finish 3rd bottle of liquid at 2.30 and said bollox to it at 3pm got back to truck 29 degrees, but hardest job i have ever done by far was cutting to waste infected larch on a 50 -70 degree banking that was 1.1 mile long by 140 mtrs deep, fantastic job up hill and down hill all f,ing day  .had one leg 2" longer than the o,there when we finished,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1