Jonsered part plea!!

Will Heal

7 hours ago, Yournamehere said:

I thought the same thing. But then I thought well, won't you just end up with a nice new faulty part copied from the old faulty part.

I know nothing about 3D printing.

What am I missing here?

Firstly we don't know what plastic bit in the pump failed and there do appear to be parts available.

I haven't any  experience of 3D printing but a friend does and he regularly produces bits for a charity making bits for disabled people.

As I understand it you first make a 3D technical drawing of the part in a program like autocad, from this a file is generated and sent to the printer which builds up the part in layers of hot plastic.

Ideally a manufacturer would hold the technical drawings and either sell the print file or print the part as a one off if it was no longer stocked.

3 minutes ago, openspaceman said:

Firstly we don't know what plastic bit in the pump failed and there do appear to be parts available.

I haven't any  experience of 3D printing but a friend does and he regularly produces bits for a charity making bits for disabled people.

As I understand it you first make a 3D technical drawing of the part in a program like autocad, from this a file is generated and sent to the printer which builds up the part in layers of hot plastic.

Ideally a manufacturer would hold the technical drawings and either sell the print file or print the part as a one off if it was no longer stocked.

Were they disabled after he made the parts ? 

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Were they disabled after he made the parts ? 

No.

Were you always cantankerous or did it come with age??

It's an interesting charity making gizmos for remotely doing things like door opening  and his source of servos etc. comes from returns of remote control toys, like battle tanks. The importers decided it wasn't worth arguing or attempting repairs as the portion of failures was small so he gets loads for free.

http://www.remap.org.uk/

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, openspaceman said:

Aha! That's the bit I was missing. I was being too Star Trekky/put it in the microwave and replicate it :)

Thanks for that.