knee ascender

looking to make up a knee assecnder and wondering which assecnder device people are using to good effect.??

ive just knocked together a 5min job out of an old borrowed clogger and bit of elastic and it worked well considering, ive always used a foot loop and hand assecnder but i think having both hands free will have some advantages.

thanks carl

Edited by carlos
spelling
  • Like 1

Velox is a better design with no flat spots as it’s on a doubled up elastic , I’m pretty sure though they robbed the idea from the maker of the SAKA and saka have just been taken to court as well so you can not even get a buy the saka velox alternative ... well they still sell the mini version.

Easy enough to make a basic knee acsender of your own with some decent elastic but I think unless you find some mini return type block that’s what’s like in the haas velox you would struggle to replicate that system.

I found the spare elastic and tubing from a tree motion was pretty ideal.

Pretty sure you could botch up some thing similar with some tubes ,tenex and a small cut down sealed sash pulley... what ever you use that’s in the style of the ascender it wants to be locking , those Chinese petzl croll type ascenders on eBay would do the job.

cool thanks for the replies and photos , i think im just going to make a basic one for now although the velox does look like a clever bit of kit.

i think iam going to get a petzl croll as the CT ones arnt so easy to get, i assume the croll will work fine?

looking forward to trying this with the bulldog bone, then a quick watch of the lawrence shultz vids and ill be an amazing climber! ;)  or just same ol me with more gear on my harness.. :) oh well gotta try.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rich Rule said:

I made one a few years ago.  Still works but I have changed the elastic for some 9mm stuff I got at a chandlers.

link to the thread...

thanks for the thread link... turns out im in the thread asking the same questions! duh.