Ifor LM trailers

ostosix

Hi there, was wondering if the Ifor williams LM range particulary the LM106 which is 6'5" wide might be a bit awkward general manouvering? The 10ft tipper is only 5'5" wide but not got the cash for a tipper yet and amount of work i'm doing doesnt require it yet. Work is mostly weekwends and normally wouldnt have enough chip to need to empty trailer mid job. Also probably 250kg lighter than tipper so easier to manouver by hand and a grand cheaper. Just need more volume than my 8.5'x5' 2000kg trailer. The 10 x6.5 trailer seems cavernous and I think they hold value well as they aren't that common on the bay compared to the 10x5 and 8x5 

Towing with a discovery and I also have a 146 flatbed w/o sides for bigstuff like cars etc

Any help/pointers/ideas welcome thanks

I hired a plant type trailer like the pictured one, pain to shovel chip out as either over the side or have to throw it past the ramp.
I got a 12x6 Bryan James trailer, seems cavernous empty but soon fills up and gets up to the 2.7t allowed, I would go for something 3.5t if you can.
That is also about as wide as I can see round in Defender mirrors, would have to check 6 foot 5 won't lead to needing caravan mirror stalks, that really would be annoying.

Yeah defo 3500kgs. Last night went to pick up timber from a job a few weekends ago. Annoyingly just couldn't fit it all in one load! Reinforced the need to size up. Even if i had mesh sides throwing it over wouldn'y have been ideal and may not have got it all in then so going to take the plunge on LM106 i think.

Were i get rid of chip i cant tip anyhow but think i'd only have to shovel 3 cube cos i'll split down the middle to carry gear in other side.

I have an ifor LM 106 which i find very easy to manoeuvre- it is wider than the Landy but I don’t ever find it a problem- quite like seeing where the trailer is if anything.

Ifor LM106 has one of the highest payloads too- being 3500kg but lighter than the longer offerings- with caged sides on you’ll get plenty in- make no mistake though shovelling it loaded with chip isn’t fun!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ostosix said:

. Even if i had mesh sides throwing it over wouldn'y have been ideal and may not have got it all in then so going to take the plunge on LM106 i think.

You need mesh or high sides as ifor sides are not high enough, still can not understand why there sided are so low.

• Like 1

I recently sold my 1994 non tipping Ifor  (10' X 5'6'')  It was the 2000kg gross model which weighed in at about 650kg empty with ply high sides fitted.  Nice size and easy enough to push about.  I may have overloaded it once or twice in the time i owned it!

Just be carefull, if you hitch a 3500 trailer to a tow vechicle that has a max tow weight of less that 3500 you will be prosecuted for being overweight even if the trailer is empty.  A 2700 trailer is far more versatile as many 4x4 pick ups are limited to 2700.      Personally using a Defender I find 5 foot wide trailers are ideal as I can see the outside edges of the trailer mudwings in the mirrors,  so for tight jobs its excellent.

A

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Just be carefull, if you hitch a 3500 trailer to a tow vechicle that has a max tow weight of less that 3500 you will be prosecuted for being overweight even if the trailer is empty. 

How can that be right.

• Like 1