eBay scam?

neilb

5 hours ago, neilb said:

Said that unit 9 is empty but was a business Hire 4 U, up until around 12months ago.

surely it must be fraud to send an invoice with a fake address?

this is the first result from the google search 'police fraud squad ebay scam'

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/reports-to-action-fraud-result-in-ebay-scammers-jailed-for-18-years-feb16

I’m sure it is but getting anything done about it might be a different story.
The owner of the scaffolding company rang me back this afternoon. Said he’s asked about and they think they know who it is. Apparently he’s been inside for fraud. But bigger scale, big plant. £10 £20k style scams. Again, whether that’s true or not I don’t know.

Thing I don’t get is the power pack I was looking at and the other one he had on aren’t ridiculously cheap or anything. Average price compared to similar items on there. He had two Farm quads on for around the £1k mark. They seemed a bit cheap.

Frustrating but I’m blaming myself to be honest.

You will have great communication with him right up to receiving his invoice and him receiving payment. After an hour long phone call with Halifax fraud line, it’s been registered as a scam. They said it’s an active account and that they can investigate in house as we both bank with Halifax. Hopefully they will freeze his account until either I’m reimbursed or I receive the goods.

• Like 2