eBay scam?

neilb

Think I might have been stung on eBay. Been watching a few hydraulic beaver power packs. Majority all 80 miles away and I’ve been busy lately so noticed one offering delivery. Anyway, after a txt message exchange I bought one last Sunday. Good feedback, emailed me an invoice straight away. Bank transferred him the money. He then said it will be with you on Wednesday. Didn’t turn up on Wednesday, managed to get hold of the guy on Wednesday evening. Bit of a delay, you will have it Friday! Anyway, still haven’t got it and the guy is not answering my calls or replying to txt messages.

The seller is tools.machinery, he’s got another power pack with breaker on there at the minute and a moto x bike. He also had two atvs but they are no longer on there.

Any advice/help appreciated. I know I should have done paypal etc. Just made a costly mistake I think!

It’s the total lack of communication that is worrying me. Phoned him and few times through the week and nothing. Txt him last night and no reply. Quick enough to send his invoice over when I txt him my email address. Something just doesn’t feel right about it!

5 minutes ago, neilb said:

It’s the total lack of communication that is worrying me. Phoned him and few times through the week and nothing. Txt him last night and no reply. Quick enough to send his invoice over when I txt him my email address. Something just doesn’t feel right about it!

Yep . Been there . Sometimes as Eggs says it turns out fine others it doesn't  . I got shafted once and now I only pay with paypal or pay cash on collection .

1 hour ago, neilb said:

When you first made contact was it through eBay messages or from a mobile phone number on the listing 

I was planning on driving down to Leicester for an ex hire one @ £300 and went for the one above more for the convenience that it could be delivered. I just got his phone number from the listing and then went from there