Makita recall

woodwizzard

15 hours ago, billpierce said:

I was overwhelmed with joy to return from holiday to find my 7900 returned to me. Thankfully it hadn't been nicked despite having just been left out by the courier. Eagerly I opened it up to discover what the important safety mod was....

20180806_214309.jpeg20180806_214331.jpeg20180806_214341.jpeg20180806_214354.jpeg20180806_214437.jpeg

Hello Bill 

that is bad cant beleive they would do this , surely drilling a safety handle isn’t a good idea , if you drilled a safety hard hat HSE wouldn’t allow this 

can you send me some very very good detailed photos so I can chase it up I wouldn’t dare send a safety handle back too anyone 

in this state

obviously they’ve drilled it to put this sticker on the pop rivet has put pressure on the plastic then it’s had a bump via courier delivery 

thankfully breaking it before you used it 

it it will be interesting too see the handles that come from Dolmar 

Shocking!

I'm very glad I cancelled my order yesterday.  I rung Fastfix Friday, pleasant chat and promised to get a call back with the info ..... Nothing.  If neither wop nor Fastfix can do simple customer service to sell the saw I decided to cancel.  Saturday morning I'll drive 4 miles to f r Jones and buy a husky 365 instead.   Local dealer who is focused on customers is worth a great deal.  I consider this a narrow escape.

If I'd just ordered the 365 back in June when I ordered the dolmakita, I'd have got 4 free chains,. Not now though....I tried asking jonesy, no, not their offer, husky offer 'while stocks last'.  Still.... Amazon have the right 20" Oregon chain for £13.11, so it's not a disaster.

Hello Bill 

that is bad cant beleive they would do this , surely drilling a safety handle isn’t a good idea , if you drilled a safety hard hat HSE wouldn’t allow this 

can you send me some very very good detailed photos so I can chase it up I wouldn’t dare send a safety handle back too anyone 
in this state
obviously they’ve drilled it to put this sticker on the pop rivet has put pressure on the plastic then it’s had a bump via courier delivery 
thankfully breaking it before you used it 

it it will be interesting too see the handles that come from Dolmar 
Hi Andrew, it's all boxed up now for collection I'm afraid. It was extremely well wrapped.

The slip of paper I with it indicates they have changed the brake spring mech etc a "drilled" handle. When I spoke to their technical dept they said they are fitting these plates to reinforce a week handle. I don't think the plate/rivets has caused the handle to snap but that it's increased rigidity has just meant the whole handle won't flex and so the part above the plate just snaps.

Quite annoying really as it seemed fine before. Have you sold many handles Andrew? Suspect not. They seemed fine.

They want it back to look as are pretty concerned about the breakage occurring so soon. At least that I suppose

Shocking!

I'm very glad I cancelled my order yesterday.  I rung Fastfix Friday, pleasant chat and promised to get a call back with the info ..... Nothing.  If neither wop nor Fastfix can do simple customer service to sell the saw I decided to cancel.  Saturday morning I'll drive 4 miles to f r Jones and buy a husky 365 instead.   Local dealer who is focused on customers is worth a great deal.  I consider this a narrow escape.

If I'd just ordered the 365 back in June when I ordered the dolmakita, I'd have got 4 free chains,. Not now though....I tried asking jonesy, no, not their offer, husky offer 'while stocks last'.  Still.... Amazon have the right 20" Oregon chain for £13.11, so it's not a disaster.
Got a 2015 or 16 365 for sale if you want? £325, barely used.