Makita recall

woodwizzard

giving serious consideration ot cancelling my order....was nervous about buying a makita as there are no local dealers and this slow slow slow work from makita uk is hammering that home.

fr jones just around the corner.....husky 365 for the same money....less saw than the makita but local support makes it very very tempting...oh and I'll have it this week instead of by christmas if I'm lucky!

The 7900 is a belting saw, fast, grunty and loves a 24" bar. I packaged mine up and took it to my local dealer a couple of weeks ago. I popped down the other day to see if it was back, they hadn't been out to pick it up! I said "sod it" and brought it back home with me.

• Like 1

This is my quandary!  Belting saw, super deal from world of power, poor/slow support to address probs. Vs a lesser saw but from a local dealer who can provide excellent support.   If the Makita will be ready by September I'd wait.... But so far or just slips month on month.

Been in contact with Makita about the time scale on this recall and 

they have been asking people to give details of  there saw and then it’s been collected as you all have said 

But the problem lies with the fact they haven’t got the spare parts 

in hand too do this warranty recall , as there is a worldwide shortage of these parts .  This chassis With the different size engines in red and blue has been sold in the thousands  worldwide since 2015

I have contacted Dolmar where these models are produced  and there in the same boat no parts availability 

the new 2018 models are on back order so it will be weeks before 

they will be on the shop counter

customers that have bought these saws from me , there will be a demonstrator Saw available if you get in a fix and need a bigger Saw to cover there 7910 going in for warranty repairs

So please check with Makita or message me before sending in your Saw and hopefully either way you will get an answer on time taken too fix  

but please don’t worry it is a fantastic Saw don’t be afraid to purchase one in the future 

Red or Blue there exactly the same

12 hours ago, billpierce said:

To be fair the 7900 is extremely torquey....much more grunt than a 365. Parts a generally quick and easy (try shavey) but this recall is a balls up

Yes it is Bill , for me the hardest OPE company too get a consistent

year in year out regular trade without long waits 

20 hours ago, neiln said:

giving serious consideration ot cancelling my order....was nervous about buying a makita as there are no local dealers and this slow slow slow work from makita uk is hammering that home.

fr jones just around the corner.....husky 365 for the same money....less saw than the makita but local support makes it very very tempting...oh and I'll have it this week instead of by christmas if I'm lucky!

Hello I presume You’ve paid your money in full so you should be entitled to a date for delivery 

yes paid.  dont want a date, i want a saw!  Being serious, I've had a date, then another, then another, and so on.  the latest date is WOP expect the saw from Makita 1st September, and it will then be sent out to me.  So I have a date, but based on the past 2 months I have no confidence in WOP/Makita.  Its a shame as everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about the saw and the price was very good.