Professionally designed & SEO'd website

wjotner

I like mine I did front page 2003 

i can adjust it and tweak it it seems to work, often write some waffle after copious gin 

i want someone to modernise it but can't find a web guy to copy and paste it into a new shinny template that all want to vagazzle it and ass crap pictures and cut out my waffle 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, roseyweb said:

I like mine I did front page 2003 

i can adjust it and tweak it it seems to work, often write some waffle after copious gin 

i want someone to modernise it but can't find a web guy to copy and paste it into a new shinny template that all want to vagazzle it and ass crap pictures and cut out my waffle 

Had the same when looking to update ours. All said "oh very dated platform" you need this that and the other. We left it alone and still brings in plenty of work. A lot to be said for a site you can access and alter yourself.

20 minutes ago, roseyweb said:

www.jrforestry.co.uk

Feel free to find any faults its constantly evolving 

Well I can see you've put a lot of work into it for sure!

Content wise it looks like you've done your homework...

Important changes, it needs to be responsive more than ever, and that is reflected in googles ranking of sites these days.

Its poorly optimised, scoring just 11 out of 100 on a page speed test

The content could be laid out a lot better.  I wasn't sure where to look for what on each page and found it hard to read through it all smoothly without getting sidetracked.

43 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

How do you do a page speed test Steve?  

Just tried adding a link to my webpage on my profile signature block (which I seem to remember being in User CP on the previous update - can't find how to do it on this new format)

https://arbtalk.co.uk/settings/signature/

Theres loads of online speed tests, Google is the simplest but doesn't provide as much indepth techincal stuff as the other tools

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

24 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

https://arbtalk.co.uk/settings/signature/

Theres loads of online speed tests, Google is the simplest but doesn't provide as much indepth techincal stuff as the other tools

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

????

93/100 with some gobbledegook to improve by image compression and some other stuff I didn't really understand....

On 22/06/2018 at 07:37, Woodworks said:

A lot to be said for a site you can access and alter yourself.

Definately. I was quoted a grand to have a 4 page site some years back, so went and played with templates and did my own. Update it myself when I feel it needs it and have got it pretty high in the local area searches, costs me £5 a month and i've got complete control

• Like 2