customer wont pay

Guest spiderman

9 minutes ago, Joe Newton said:

Wether the client is a prick or not is irrelevant.

What's the bloke got to go to court with? Any photos to allow the trees were similar size? Just got two stumps in his garden. No price was discussed or anything.

I wouldn't waste my time and take my chances in court. Just put him on the blacklist and learn. 

Each to their own. I take photos of every job I do. On this job the client was on holiday, his daughter rang me and asked if I could come over and see why the pumps weren't working. Those two capacitors cost me a tenner today, price for the whole job £280. It was a bit of a trek from home mind. I'd very much doubt there will be a disput about the price but if there is I can justify my price.

IMG_2287.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

4 hours ago, Vespasian said:

That conifer you chopped down, if he had ten of em in his garden would you price it at 1400 to remove em all?...

I'm guessing you wouldn't..  

why not, think about it then think why charging 140 for the next one you did might come across as excessive to your customer..

If you got 140 for the first one, you should of asked 70 to 80 for the second seeing as you're there on the job...

and why didn't you mention a price to the fella?..  to busy counting your days profits when a few words on the phone might of saved you a lot of shit...

You were the customer then !

I’d be pretty cheesed off as well but I’ve had worse done to us on much bigger jobs. Not often, but it has happened and it comes round to most of us once in a while. You live and learn, hopefully.

Like Mick says, it’s a cheap lesson learned.

Be thankful it didn’t happen on a big job.

I think there is also a bit of the OP trying it on a bit.

Mr Sparky should have asked how much for the extra tree, when he didn't I wonder if the OP just saw pound signs?

Personally I think I would have been in £80 to £100 range for the extra tree, as I was already there, BUT I would not of even considered starting the extra tree without an agreed price.

• Like 2

Just now, Vespasian said:

You joking, I've more sense than leave a tree surgeon to chop a tree down and then let him tell me how much its gonna cost..

its just that you were saying exactly what the customer said I thought it must have been you ?

26 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

Personally I think I would have been in £80 to £100 range for the extra tree, as I was already there, BUT I would not of even considered starting the extra tree without an agreed price.

This sounds reasonable, Mr Sparky is probably on Sparktalk, complaining about a cheeky arborist trying to rip him off.  The first £100 of any job is to cover the quoting, getting to site setting up.. so in my mind the first tree was only £40's worth of work, therefore £60 sounds OK..