customer wont pay

Guest spiderman

14 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

14 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

If you got 140 for the first one, you should of asked 70 to 80 for the second seeing as you're there on the job...

And always make it clear that's the 'while I'm here' price. Too many clients say " I'll talk to the husband/wife" and then phone a week later expecting you to go back to their house,  for the "while I'm here" price.

Take the money , move on to the next customer , there is always tightwads in any business , you probably find if you keep working to a decent standard you'll get a tip off a different customer making up the short fall , you need some bad customers to appreciate the good ones worth working for ! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Well whatever you think, the fella should of told his customer how much he wanted for the extra work before went ahead and did it.. its his own fault for being so daft..  If I'm not sure of how much to charge I just tell em we'll work it out afterwards and I'll be as reasonable as I can be...    I take the chance that most people are decent and honest and will settle for what I end up charging them...

Then again, by all accounts I'm pretty cheap on the whole...    maybe thats why it works for me?..

I wouldn't be sucking it up, but I'm like that. It would be a final request for payment in full or off to the small claims court, Mr Sparky can do what he chooses with that. It sounds like he trying to pull a fast one, that doesn't sit well with me. Assuming it's a fair price for the work carried out the court will be on the OP's side every time, but I'd dare bet a cheque/payment arrives before it gets that far

33 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I wouldn't be sucking it up, but I'm like that. It would be a final request for payment in full or off to the small claims court, Mr Sparky can do what he chooses with that. It sounds like he trying to pull a fast one, that doesn't sit well with me. Assuming it's a fair price for the work carried out the court will be on the OP's side every time, but I'd dare bet a cheque/payment arrives before it gets that far

Wether the client is a prick or not is irrelevant.

What's the bloke got to go to court with? Any photos to allow the trees were similar size? Just got two stumps in his garden. No price was discussed or anything.

I wouldn't waste my time and take my chances in court. Just put him on the blacklist and learn. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe Newton said:

Wether the client is a prick or not is irrelevant.

What's the bloke got to go to court with? Any photos to allow the trees were similar size? Just got two stumps in his garden. No price was discussed or anything.

I wouldn't waste my time and take my chances in court. Just put him on the blacklist and learn. 

Indeed. Get what money you can and give him the caravan club's number if he's got the front to book you in again.