Next level

Stefan Palokangas

Does you Mrs work Stefan? Maybe get her to do your admin and organising as well as dealing with customers so you basically get told where to go, when and in what order, price jobs together after the grinder is away as it’s still time together and take someone on, work with them closely to get them to your standards then slowly retreat and leave them to graft for you so you can then: a) still make money and b) spend more time with the mrs and pooches. 

Glad to hear your doing well though buddy, enjoy your break!

Does you Mrs work Stefan? Maybe get her to do your admin and organising as well as dealing with customers so you basically get told where to go, when and in what order, price jobs together after the grinder is away as it’s still time together and take someone on, work with them closely to get them to your standards then slowly retreat and leave them to graft for you so you can then: a) still make money and b) spend more time with the mrs and pooches. 

That’s how it’s done.

Well the fiancé doing the clients I get addresses. Saves a lot of time for me .

2 hours ago, Gray git said:

Don't know why but that's not what I thought you looked like... emoji6.png
Wasn't my business I felt like that with it was working for someone else who expected me to put my life on hold for his business which was definitely having a effect on my home relationship.
Own business is hard work, long hrs and still effects home life but in a different way and affords me the option to just not work if I need the day off or early finish and the rewards or more noticeable as efforts put in are reflected in reward back.

I definitely had him down as a spaniel!

That'd no insult Stefan. 

I'm very guilty of putting work before relationships. Perhaps not in the same sense as you, but I've put certain things on hold until I'm in a better situation financially. 

That's what I tell myself at least, but I've made my partner feel like second fiddle to work before. It's a difficult line. 

I definitely had him down as a spaniel!

That'd no insult Stefan. 

I'm very guilty of putting work before relationships. Perhaps not in the same sense as you, but I've put certain things on hold until I'm in a better situation financially. 

That's what I tell myself at least, but I've made my partner feel like second fiddle to work before. It's a difficult line. 

Higher bills and no guarantee regular income is involved in business. It is stressful losing time with the ones you hold close to your heart, work will never break me, but being away always could bring negative stress . Therefore I do the most of the time when we got the holidays up north . Another one is booked quite soon to

If I’m honest I think you blokes are overdramatising it a bit.

It’s just cutting down trees or similar, not relief work in Syria or working as a Prison Officer or the like.

Either organise your work/quoting so you’re there for little Jimmy’s nativity or don’t. It’s your choice.

They’re only trees.

Plus there is an irony in discussing the demands of work on your family life whilst on a computer in the evening.

”You coming to bed love? I fancy getting intimate”

”be up in a bit, just talking with blokes I don’t know on the internet about the pressures of work on family life”

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Mick Dempsey hit the nail on the head there (and again if he went to bed a bit earlier with his burd ?❤️)   

When i'm mad busy i may do 5 days per week but generally i do 3 or 4 and suit  meself.  It's only cutting trees/hedges and most of it is unimportant and non urgent.  I jumped off the sofa last friday and did an urgent job for a local parish that had a chestnut pollard fail,  udder than that i ain't stressing for nobody.  I have literally just had 7 weeks off due to a combination of a holiday, her having surgery (twice) and me having a shoulder injury.  I'm happy enuf plodding along steady loike.  I enjoy what i do ferra living but it's not something i rave on about down the pub and as i get older i wanna ride me motorbikes more instead and do a degree in Cake-Ology.

• Like 4

It definately hits a point where you think ' why the hell am I working with these clowns '  or ' I aint getting paid enuff fr this ' or ' Working Time Directive says my employer is breaking the law - and criminal prosecution should follow- before I inadvertently kill someone '  K