Why I hate feminism

forestboy1978

I'll see your analogy and raise you this one:

Would you leave your shiny new iPhone on the pavement, go away for a few hours and then expect it to still be there? The answer you are looking for it no. Is it your fault that there are thieves out there? Again, no. Could you have done something to protect yourself from being such a victim? Derrr... 

Shit happens and there are some awful people in this world (I've met a fair few of them!) but there's so much we can all do, regardless of gender, to prevent ourselves being victims. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

re the sad and confused react to this.

It's an analogy.

A second example couched in familiar terms to make the underlying general point easier to understand.

A man being provoked beyond endurance to attack a girl in a short skirt walking alone at night and then blaming the girl is here compared to someone thinking it fun to watch someone fall and blaming the climber, by just being there, for tempting him to cut the rope.

The absurdity of the second is meant to reflect the absurdity of the first.

It is not a girls fault for walking anywhere wearing anything at anytime.

If you cannot control yourself in a public place get off the street and get help.

Men who assault women for wearing revealing clobber are animals. Dangerous wild animals, incapable of reason, morality, or even self control through fear of punishment. They should be castrated and put to work in chains, IMO.....but, given that they are savage beasts, is it not prudent to exercise caution around them? You don't go into bear country with a string of steaks around your neck do you? That's taking responsibility for your own welfare and safety, maybe one "shouldn't have to" but the reality is the police can't be there to protect you all the time. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Toad said:

I can give some examples for you, I'm sure after reading plenty of comments in this thread there will be a lot of people who disagree though.

Men, in particular white straight men, have been in a position of power in this country pretty much for the entire time it's been industrialised. For many years women didn't have jobs in any sort of position of power or responsibility. Consider your grandparents, and this parents, when your grandmother's and their mothers were at school, what options did they have? Were they offered further education, apprenticeships or the like? Did they have the same expectations that they could go out and become successful in a variety of different fields? The fact that women these days have more options is great, but it's only a recent development. While we, as men, have male role models going back hundreds of years in company director or owner positions, there are far fewer for women, the expectation and culture for the careers and development of women is still light years behind that of men. Of cousee, there have been some examples of successes, but far fewer than men.

The excuses about women not having to go to war? Why didn't they? Because men said they couldn't be in the army.

Using an example related to this topic a little better, how often have you had to worry about sexual assault in a night out? Have ever had a concern that a woman might have slipped something in your drink? Have you ever been excited to hear about new date rape drug testing kits you can take in a night out? When you do go for drinks, do you have to walk home with a friend to make sure you feel safe in case you are approached by a gang of drinks, or a rapist? I've never ever had to consider that as a man, and yet all my female friends have had to. That right there is a privilege. If you can't see that one example, then you are deluded.

This debate is not about what happened in the past. It's about feminism now. First wave feminists were damn legends in my eyes. They did what they had to do and I am glad they did. 

Just because white men for the last 1000 years had control means absolutely nothing to the here and now unless you want to punish the descendants of those men for crimes they didn't commit. And before you say men hold more high powered positions in business, it's true I know. It's cos their are stupidly driven by ego, pin dick syndrome or whatever other narcissistic drive you can label them with. Women just aren't stupid enough to be desirous to work 120 hours a week and endure a lot of pressure. Good for them! 

Why is it a privilege that I'm less likely to be raped than a woman? If it is indeed as such, are women privileged cos they're far less likely to be beaten to death? I don't think so.

And actually I have been sexually attacked by a girl. In the back of a taxi, she was drunk as a lord and climbing all over me, literally tearing at my clothes. I never pressed charges though. Would have taken all the fun out of ripping the piss out of her the whole week after. Stupid cow. 

This feminism, me too, liberal victim award show we currently live in is a load of shit. Unless you happen to be a black, transgendered, homosexual midget. In which case I say roll with it and run for prime minister, god even. Utter crap and I'm sick of it. Every individual struggles in their own way. 

• Like 2