Why I hate feminism

forestboy1978

1 minute ago, Richard 1234 said:

It makes me think of the so called “quotas” of women on the boards of big companies.
The job should go to the best person for the job. But if a percentage of these jobs HAVE to go to women how can it be the best candidate when by the same equality rules men must be given the same chance at getting the job?
It doesn’t add up to me

Agreed.

As difflock alludes to, equality of opportunity should be strived for. Equality of outcome is more than a bit silly and will not end well.

• Like 2

Was it George Orwell, in Animal Farm who stated "all pigs is equal but some pigs is more equal than others"

Which nonsense statement sums up the logical fairness of any quota system.

P.S.

Like wot about employers being told to ask where their job candidates were educated?,

Public School Sir, go right to the back of the queue.

And yet "they" bleat about the horrors of discrimination,

all the while introducing discriminatory measures tho suit their politics or agenda.

Scheesh

Attempt to have 2 human beings locked away for 20 years for no reason. Permanently ruin their present lives, their future lives. Take away their families and friends = evil as ***k

1 year in prison

Where are the feminists demanding equal and fair justice? Doesn't feminism yearn for equal rights??

I have read and can well believe 1 in 6 women are raped ... with only around 16.3% of rapists convicted and I’ve seen the damages and issues it’s caused from suicide to mental issues and never being able to have a normal relationship again and that’s just the person who has been raped , family and partners also suffer so I’m not sure what your point is.
Men are just as equally as capable of lying the fact this woman did this does not really prove anything that feminism is bad.
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, MattyF said:

I have read and can well believe 1 in 6 women are raped ... with only around 16.3% of rapists convicted and I’ve seen the damages and issues it’s caused from suicide to mental issues and never being able to have a normal relationship again and that’s just the person who has been raped , family and partners also suffer so I’m not sure what your point is.
Men are just as equally as capable of lying the fact this woman did this does not really prove anything that feminism is bad.

I does not prove feminism is bad but I don't see feminists beating their drum for fair and equal punishments for those who A- carry out damn evil acts or B - devalue and demean those poor women who do experience such a thing. 

Regarding 1 in 6. In the western world I simply do not believe that. I've had intimate relations with 15 or so women. 4 long term and not one of them told me they'd been raped. 

57 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Regarding 1 in 6. In the western world I simply do not believe that. I've had intimate relations with 15 or so women. 4 long term and not one of them told me they'd been raped.

TBH that's not a huge sample to survey, and you can't really assess whether the fact that you wasn't told means that they hadn't. Some things are never 'shared' by some people, for so many different reasons. I'm not suggesting that your relationships weren't open and honest but some for people history is history and isn't disclosed for oh so many reasons. 

From my own experience, I'd hazard a guess that 1 jn 6 is an underestimation, and that many, many cases go unreported.

• Like 4

Well I disagree but it's a pointless debate. No one knows. For sure there are a lot of scummy men out there but it aint 1 in 6.

Anyhow, a man in Canada was convicted of raping several women and he did time, some decades, as I recall. The guilty man was caught and he was subsequently released from prison and received millions in compensation. The victims, with the help of a third wave feminist legal organisation are currently suing the innocent man for his compensation in court. That is your 3rd wave feminism for you.

7 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

Well I disagree but it's a pointless debate. No one knows. For sure there are a lot of scummy men out there but it aint 1 in 6

A lot of scummy men! Where do you draw the line. I don't know but suspect that most people just think of a rapist as a lone individual perpetrator. What about the 'grooming gangs' that are finally coming to light, where groups of men are involved, What were the figures in Scandinavia for just one night - and whatever they were, bear in mind that those were the only ones reported, it's not unreasonable to expect additional numbers for those that didn't report attacks because of moral, religious or unknown reasons. 

It doesn't matter how well you think you know people, you only truly know their public persona. I've worked with two guys who were charged and went away for messing with kids. I thought I knew them, I didn't. When it becomes public you wonder what you missed, was there anything, something said, that you should have seen and done something about. What I'm trying to say is that you just don't know, but if statistically the figures say 1 in six, realistically it must be higher. 

• Like 1

On 17/06/2018 at 18:03, Richard 1234 said:

It makes me think of the so called “quotas” of women on the boards of big companies.
The job should go to the best person for the job. But if a percentage of these jobs HAVE to go to women how can it be the best candidate when by the same equality rules men must be given the same chance at getting the job?
It doesn’t add up to me

It doesn't just stop there.  My girlfriend was asked during an interview if she was straight, bi or gay.  When she enquired to the reason for the question she was told they have a quote to fill for sexuality also.

• Confused 1