New Laws regarding lead acid batteries

lurkalot

Just marvellous, make life harder and more expensive fo the normal, law abiding, folk because of the minority.

A real novel approach to these acid attacks would be to catch the people involved, prosecute and make the penalty so harsh that it discourages others.

What's next? Because of the rise in scooter/moped crime, raise the CBT to £2000??

It boils my when the actions of a very small minority of the population forces changes that affect the majority. Is this really going to prevent these attacks?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

A real novel approach to these acid attacks would be to catch the people involved, prosecute and make the penalty so harsh that it discourages others.

You mean actually do what they should be doing, rather than trying to find ways to make money?

Well, that's a cynical point of view. 

It's sad when life in the UK is such, that solutions to problems seem so far out of the box, that the public just see it as a money-making issue.

When the gun-ownership legislation changed in response to a shooting spree, did it make it harder for those inclined to possess a gun for illegal purposes? Watching documentaries, it doesn't look like it.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure that I could get a illegal hand-gun within a day or two, if I really wanted too, through people who know people. It doesn't work!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, woody paul said:

What the hell next.

If its in the battery its easy to get it out again if determined to use it for some thing else.

Most if not all battery sold over inter net are supplied dry and you have to fill them  or get someone to.

Probably filling in a form when you need to hire a van to move furniture, promising that your usage excludes running crowds of people down!

12 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Guess it will up the sales of gel batteries.......

Probably, but that's a shame as they're not as reliable as a wet cell lead acid.  They also need proper charging to have any sort of life expectancy.