Help with tree ID please, starting to go mad

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I have been trying to identify this tree for a number of days now and it’s starting to send me a bit mad. it is a Pinus I’m sure but struggling to identify it further. it is growing on the east coast of the UK, growing about 500 yards from the coast but in a well sheltered area. it has taken some damage from the "beast from the east" a few months ago and is still recovering. it was planted about 15 years and as far as I’m aware it hasn’t been topped so all growth should be natural and not shaped.

any help regarding this is gratefully appreciated.

Andy

tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

• Like 1

thanks guys for the help, I really appreciate it. the needle width is <.5mm and they are also very soft. sorry for coming on and off again but I am  at work currently and keep getting called away from my desk. hopefully I will get a chance to check all the reference information given soon. I am not very clued up when it comes to horticulture and i'm glad you experts are not able to give a quick answer as I would feel I was wasting your time. I have even asked our local tree surgeon and he isn't able to give a definitive answer.

thanks again :)

Conifer ID can be difficult, with similar species only being discernible by minor/microscopic characteristics - so it helps a lot to know what type of information it's necessary to provide/collect when working through keys. Blurry images of the whole tree and a few needles with nothing for scale will only lead so far.