a funny invention

tree-fancier123

It does look quite clever.

Althou after thinking about it I would imagine the big drawback will be unless there is some sort of frame/support for chipper body or axle hubs locked somehow, it might be quite 'tippy' and if ur going 'off road' the jockey wheel would end up digging in.

U really could do with an extra set of unpowered tracks for the front/jockey wheel? somewhere so it won't tip the same or dig in to the ground. or even a 'floation' jockey wheel would help

Ps Only guessing but possibly if he tee'd into the chippers hydralic feed he might not be able to patent it, as i see he has aplied for a patent for it

Edited by drinksloe

I can’t see anyone buying that! Good idea but who want to drive to work then f*** about taking wheels off and putting tracks on? Especially when as said already it will likely dig in on the jockey wheel.
I would have thought those wanting a tracked chipper would buy one that was designed that way in the first place!

Looks a great idea to me.. would like to see a video of what it’s capable of....also benefit any one that can’t tow over 750kg as a tracked chipper n trailer is out the question, also often the sites that need a tracked chipper the trailer is miles away so that is always a worry it will get stolen.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be too tippy, looks like the tracks hydraulic motor powers the front rotor wheel, and clamps onto the chassis. so its not gonna tip up and down like it was if only attached to the wheel hub. i would guess its only slightly front heavy. 

Very innovative!

U could be right josh, i couldn't see any other attachement onto the chasis.

Really would need something

Any tracks i've seen like that before usually drive from the wheel hub as add ons to quads etc rather than the extra hydralic drive.

i think i'd be wanting a demo 1st but definately a very clever idea, i'm sur eu could set up a valve to drive it of the chippers own motor too, as even smaller tracked chippers either chip or track not both

• Like 1