Views on pickups

deesideforester

44 minutes ago, deesideforester said:

What pickups are people on here running and what do you all think of them.Also any views on available hardtops are the side doors and roof bars worth getting.I look forward to hearing your views.

Think I've had every make going over the years but currently with an Isuzu 2.5.  It's ok. Pulls well but perhaps not as refined as some of its competitors.  Prior to this I had a Navara D40.  Nice and comfortable, did all I needed but the big downer is chassis rot.  Mine was bought back by Nissan as part of their 'goodwill' scheme. 

Roof bars are needed for ladders and for carrying my hedging binders.

Out of interest as a D40 owner (King Cab) was that a Double Cab on a plate between 08 and 11 (I think)?  I may well be wrong but I seem to remember those being the relevant vehicles for rotting and potentially breaking chassis.

5 hours ago, nepia said:

Out of interest as a D40 owner (King Cab) was that a Double Cab on a plate between 08 and 11 (I think)?  I may well be wrong but I seem to remember those being the relevant vehicles for rotting and potentially breaking chassis.

All D40s are prone to it regardless of year and cab option.  A mix of crap steel and poor rust proofing.  Have you had yours checked by Nissan?

Very few on the road now as 1000s have been bought back.

Edited by Graham

All D40s are prone to it regardless of year and cab option.  A mix of crap steel and poor rust proofing.  Have you had yours checked by Nissan?

Very few on the road now as 1000s have been bought back.
Very few on the road now ! Is this a joke they are every wear ?