How to find a yard

forestboy1978

Hi 

Gotta a tiny patch of land area near me for putting timber and such on the ground but has no roof etc and isn't big enough. They don't have anywhere else suitable that's big enough for what I'll need next year. I reckon ideally I need something about the size of a quadruple garage with a roof and some outside storage of about similar size. 

Just wondering how I go about finding something like that local to me and what I should expect to pay per month?

Cheers

How do you manage?

I'm not. No workshop, no yard. Most of my tools in storage. Got offered a container for £375 a month [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Had to sell all my milled wood for firewood when evicted from last place.
Broke my heart.
Don't think I'll ever rent a yard again, too precarious.
I'd prefer to buy, but I'm years away from that.
☹️
  • Sad 1

Yeah finding a yard is F###ing hard work it took us a year ringing around asking everyone in the end we were lucky a few of us share a big space but I wish I was just on my own we have had loads of problems with one of the guys , but if anyone needs some space I can maybe help but I am in Dorset 

• Like 3

Most farmers around here have had enough of the grief associated with renting space to the arb industry. Minus points are by its very  nature it tends to attract midnight visits from  the great unwashed section of the community which impacts on the farm security  , farmers are normally left with a huge cleanup bill when they go, a fair few chip mountains have gone up in flames recently and are smoldering for months on end , traffic in and out all times of the day /night, most are messy and untidy blighters, most want the space for next to nothing.

Noticed a lot of tree surgeons around here are now running out of secure container storage facilities or proper industrial units. Is five or six hundred quid a month a lot for a safe secure yard ?

Bob

3 minutes ago, aspenarb said:

Most farmers around here have had enough of the grief associated with renting space to the arb industry. Minus points are by its very  nature it tends to attract midnight visits from  the great unwashed section of the community which impacts on the farm security  , farmers are normally left with a huge cleanup bill when they go, a fair few chip mountains have gone up in flames recently and are smoldering for months on end , traffic in and out all times of the day /night, most are messy and untidy blighters, most want the space for next to nothing.

Noticed a lot of tree surgeons around here are now running out of secure container storage facilities or proper industrial units. Is five or six hundred quid a month a lot for a safe secure yard ?

Bob

Jeez thats a mortgage! Need some decent turnover and big outfit to pay that a month.....

Id strap myself up and buy somewhere over paying that pcm

Thanks for feedback. I have problem neighbours who are trying to screw me at every chance they get so I have to keep my house in order. Once I'm in trees as well as fencing, a yard is going to be essential. 

500 per month is a lot but pretty much what I expected. Probably business rates on top I assume. 

Need a 3 man crew working all year efficiently to justify it. 

A lot to think about and my hang over is getting worse it seems. All doom and gloom lol.