non protective climbing boots

plank_pusher

recently landed myself some teaching work, so i don't need to be wearing heavy chainsaw boots all day everyday, plus contract climbing it would be nice for those big silky prunes to have some non protective boots to wear, also i'll be doing a fair bit of walking in them and since i've heard from a few folks that the arbpro soles don't last great i think ill stay away from them

so i'm looking for suggestions

been looking at the lowa cevedales, la sportiva trangos and salewa crows. would love to get some andrew walking boots since i've got the andrew cervino boots at the moment and love them to bits but struggling to find a stockist anywhere (nevermind in little old adelaide)

i'd like whatever i get to be resole-able so i can get a few years out of them atleast, and something that i can buy in australia with relative ease

what do you guys suggest?

Done two days ago, no lasting damage, rigging error.

Not relevant to your question I know, but I had big protective boots on.

I have eschewed them in the past due to cost and comfort issues.

I am pretty sure without them I’d be in a hospital bed right now looking at a smashed foot and a long time off work.

AFA8F9D3-9EF1-4171-BC83-92D384EC9774.jpeg

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Sad 1

Geez Mick, sorry to hear and see that.

i wouldnt be wearing them on the ground on site. the entire idea of the new training office is to increase safety and reduce accidents so if i wore non protective boots for work it wouldnt look too great. I'd be wearing them for teaching and walking the mutts mainly but i get where your concern is from

wish you a speedy and good recovery man

Ouch Mick.  Looks painful.

ash for the non protective climbing boots I have a couple of pairs of Aku.  They last years, very hard wearing.

speak to Nod at treeworker to see what he has got if you're in the uk.

These are about 6 years old.

IMG_8382.JPG

9 hours ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Done two days ago, no lasting damage, rigging error.

Not relevant to your question I know, but I had big protective boots on.

I have eschewed them in the past due to cost and comfort issues.

I am pretty sure without them I’d be in a hospital bed right now looking at a smashed foot and a long time off work.

AFA8F9D3-9EF1-4171-BC83-92D384EC9774.jpeg

Jesus christ mick,bilbo baggins has better feet than you..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have some arbpro clip boots that at 2 years old now and worn nearly every day for leisure and work. Soles are starting to smooth out a bit now and the edges coming loose a bit.

Otherwise they have been great and I can see another few years in them yet. They are like wearing socks with rubber on the bottom after a day out the box.

I also got some yellow arbpro with the ascender bolts in the side. No protection and more like a normal boot. Super light and really comfy.