If it walks like a duck, swims like a duck....

eggsarascal

But then there would be very little tax paid, Greece springs to mind.

I'll pay my own way, but do we want to live in a country where the infrastructure doesn't get maintained because of it?...... oh, hang on.

Little tax being paid sounds ideal. The government wouldn’t be able to afford to fuck us over forty times a day. And as you quite accurately point out, we pay well over the odds for stuff (I’m guessing you mean roads etc) now and still don’t get it. There are voluntary solutions to all this. Dominos Pizza were in the news all of two days ago, filling potholes.

3 hours ago, skyhuck said:

The guy was happy with the situation when it suited him, less tax etc.

We are becoming a population of parasite, always looking to get something for nothing.

Agreed.

This part also annoys me....'protection from discrimination'

Remember in the old days if you were crap and didn't fit in you had to up your game till you did

7 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

The fact that it requires a court case to decide that says it all, IMO.

He was never a subby for Pimlico. The arrangement seems to have suited both sides until there was a "divorce", when things get messy.

At the end of the day you know and I know what both parties were doing was wrong, but it always seems to be the "little bloke" that's the villain.

1 minute ago, eggsarascal said:

He was never a subby for Pimlico. The arrangement seems to have suited both sides until there was a "divorce", when things get messy.

At the end of the day you know and I know what both parties were doing was wrong, but it always seems to be the "little bloke" that's the villain.

It’s not that simple.

One of the main reasons he was classed as a “worker” rather than freelance was the fact he was not able to send a replacement plumber in his place.

Many BBC presenters are freelance, how do you think it would go down if Graham Norton sent someone else to do his show?

9 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

It’s not that simple.

One of the main reasons he was classed as a “worker” rather than freelance was the fact he was not able to send a replacement plumber in his place.

Many BBC presenters are freelance, how do you think it would go down if Graham Norton sent someone else to do his show

26 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

It’s not that simple.

It is that simple, the court/judge(s) decided so. Some folk might not like it but that's how it is, and how it's meant to be.

Some times it's best to leave your "I'm the boss" hat at home and try to see things from both sides.

6 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It is that simple, the court/judge(s) decided so. Some folk might not like it but that's how it is, and how it's meant to be.

Some times it's best to leave your "I'm the boss" hat at home and try to see things from both sides.

I disagree, it’s not that simple.