How many hours do you put into your business?

Stefan Palokangas

Most days are ten or twelve hour days, have also done my share of eighteen hour days when needed but flip side of that is I can have as much time off as I want . My hours are fragmented in that I repair/service  and move the kit about after hours to beat the traffic so I can take it easy the next day, puts everything where it needs to be so the lads can just turn up on site and crack on leaving me a bit of office/cafe time.

Bob

Edit: still beats being an employee :)

Edited by aspenarb
  • Like 5

At the moment 7.30 til about 5 at my day job, then home to do my own stuff til around 9-10pm. 

Busy at at the moment so might be at my desk for 4.30-5 am to get something done or finished for a deadline.

Saturdays and sundays normally surveying. 

No complaints, I’m trying to establish my own business and appreciate the work.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AHPP said:

Come on Stefan. You’ve started a thread that purports to teach us something (EDIT: although you’ve now changed the name of the thread to one that doesn’t). Give us something that makes us trust you are a credible teacher. How much money are you turning over, spending and profiting? What are you investing in? Kit? Property? Financial products? Or are you just working nights at a PAYE job and grinding stumps for your company by day?

It's funny how some folk won't answer the question that's put before them. At the same time as telling people how things should be done.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's funny how some folk won't answer the question that's put before them. At the same time as telling people how things should be done.

It’s his prerogative to not tell us if he doesn’t want to. A polite, “I’d rather not thanks.” would be fine but the fact he’s ignored me a few times probably says something.

10 minutes ago, AHPP said:

It’s his prerogative to not tell us if he doesn’t want to. A polite, “I’d rather not thanks.” would be fine but the fact he’s ignored me a few times probably says something.

Yes, Stefan can do as he please (as long as it doesn't affect me or mine). It does seem strange not to answer a straight forward question when  he starts a thread telling "us" how we should be doing things mind.

Edited by eggsarascal

Yes, Stefan can do as he please (as long as it doesn't affect me or mine). It does seem strange not to answer a straight forward question when  he starts a thread telling "us" how we should be doing things mind.

I’m just in the door, relax Egg.

I can’t use the phone while grinding or driving. And Packing for a holiday. I will have all time in the world tomorrow.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chessa said:

I think he’s not passionate about money per se - just a passion for “living”. He obviously loves his work just now, and “now” is just a snapshot in time. Time is not linear, although life seems to be... 

I reckon the poor guy was just trying to share enthusiasm and a positive attitude to work - and I’m guessing he is young.

Give him a break - one and all - he means no harm. 

He’s full of optimism and hope, grinding away...

The original title of the thread was "how to grow a successful business" Chessa. So far according to Stefan the way for us to become successful is to work every waking minute. 

That's easy to do, the hard part is making it worth your while, hence the questions.