How many hours do you put into your business?

Stefan Palokangas

1 hour ago, aspenarb said:

Cant see how anyone could kill themselves overworking, fatigue would set it long before that. Folk do burn out though and normally end up changing direction.

Bob

I do believe if you search back through various posts Stefan had a few issues himself a while back.

From what I recall it was along the lines of a physical burnout.

Sleeping is for losers, don't you know?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

That's a mine field in French.
The smallest mispronunciation can cause hilarity...
My mum went into a large homes store and asked the cashier
"Je voudrais cinq matelo svp"
The cashier and the queue behind burst into laughter.
Matela = mattress
Matelo = sailor
emoji23.pngemoji3.pngemoji106.png

It could have easily developed further if Mum had been asked just why she wanted 5 sailors and she'd replied  "Pour mon chambre"

This scenario and suggestive inuendo like it can be found at www.matures-in-france.com...

Ty

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

After clearing up the coffee nasal explosion.....

and on reflection....

You're spot on!

What could HE possibly teach US about stump grinding???  I bet he's got 'office hands!"

To be fair to the bloke he’s had the job since he was two years old. 

Now THATS commitment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Work to live, live to work... we are blessed to be out doors and experience what we do ,the adrenaline .. the gardens and different locations and special trees ! maybe I’m a sad bastard but I feel this is a life style more than a living.
I’ve had brief jobs in factory’s and other things when I’ve had enough of Tree work , production climbing can be hard work and can be soul destroying but I think back to that martin sheen line in apocalypse now about all you can think about is getting home but when your there all you can think about is getting back out here in the jungle.. or something like that.... ;)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Chessa said:

Harsh and personal?

A key comment where we can see how the hand pointing the finger has three fingers pointing back to the speaker.

Stefan’s original question and suggestion has been taken very personally on here. It may have been culturally misframed, miscontrued, or misunderstood; but it has touched a raw nerve. 

It questioned what we do. It questioned what is right. It questioned whether we are doing it “enough”. It questioned why we do it. It felt like advice. It felt personal. For some it felt like a challenge or an attack. For others a rally cry or endorsement.

Folk on here try hard, believe in themselves, believe in what they do and really love to live, despite the measured risks. 

Sometimes I find it hard to speak up for myself - my words grow like an unstable weather system; but - like working with trees, within awesome, amazing nature; in all of us, the urge is there to try and communicate our thoughts, justify our existence; to reach out to others as we all strive to play a part in this crazy world; to give it meaning, to thouroughly experience being alive.

We all search in our own personal ways, we find our paths sometimes intertwined or uprooted.

We share our experience so far with others we find along the way. No one else can fully know another’s path: where they’ve been, where they really are, nor where they are going - but still, we are inescapably interconnected - so we interact using what we have in our selves, and what we ourselves believe and have learned so far.

I’m going for a big fry-up this morning,  my path will be intertwined with toast, ️ , ? sausages, ? beans, mushrooms, black pudding and tomatoes. 

• Like 2

He has been posting this sort of stuff for years.

Telling us how he was going to sell his house to buy a big cherry picker take over the world etc. He received some good advice re. pricing etc. Turned out he bottled that and carried on twiddling levers

When it was just a post as part of a thread he was mostly ignored or laughed at.

His original post on this thread was boasting, and changing the thread title from “how to grow your business” to “how many hours do you work?” Doesn’t change that.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1