Ash dieback problem

shillo

I haven't seen any of the diamond shaped lesions. It is on a mature Ash. I have been observing it for at least 10 years now and i don't think the decline has got much worse.

How does this differ from the Ash dieback condition (p37 diagnosis of ill health in trees) 

There is evidence of root damage at least 15yrs ago when it looks like the drive was dug out to be block paved.

Photos of tree in october

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

13 minutes ago, shillo said:

I haven't seen any of the diamond shaped lesions. It is on a mature Ash. I have been observing it for at least 10 years now and i don't think the decline has got much worse.

How does this differ from the Ash dieback condition (p37 diagnosis of ill health in trees) 

There is evidence of root damage at least 15yrs ago when it looks like the drive was dug out to be block paved.

Photos of tree in october

IMG_1943.JPG

IMG_1946.JPG

Your last photograph shows an area of sunken bark developing either side of an old twig attachment. Other photographs show wilting leaves. It's Hymenoscyphtastical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, john k said:

No, unfortunately it’s just a fact of life now.

Or you can consider it as part of the evolutionary process, in the knowledge that in a couple of hundred years we'll have a population of tolerant ash trees and life will go on. 

What it should be is a wake up call to encourage more species diversity and climate resilient planting, just like what happened when DED started.   :thumbup:  

Oh, hold on, we didn't learn then either, did we! :sneaky2:

• Like 1