First World Cup memory..

Mick Dempsey

Great young side, beaten in their first real test of the competition by a poor Croatian performance, oh well, they exceeded everyone’s expectations, can’t really ask more than that.

Yobs will be out in force tonight, the main dislikeable thing about English football.

At least we don’t have to adopt that dreadful Delamitri song as our ‘anthem’ .

Sadly I'll still be the only one on the crew who has seen England in a World Cup Final.

That'll be at least 56 years and counting!

Yes I know what you mean. I watched the whole of the 1966 finals, remembering The Argentina team walking off 3/4's through the game. Eusebio scoring a penalty for Portugal in the semi and of coarse the final on a very small black and white TV in the lounge!
I think that's definitely what got me into football.
Oh well young team, see what we can do in the Euro's!

Martyn

Disappointed of course, fate had conspired to offer a route to the finaI but we couldn’t grab it.

Kane was off the pace since Colombia, he was rarely in the six yard box when the wingers got to the byline.

Gave them nothing to cross to.

At least we’ve heard the last of that song for a few years.

• Like 1

Here's the thing for me about

En-gur-land and the lack of support from scotland/wales/ireland.

If it was just the team id happily support any home nation but its the feckin media and pundits,its the never ending all encompassing over critical analysis of each player,game and manager that gets right on my tits.

I was really torn in this world cup because i begrudgingly admired the young english team and there style of football,with gareth southgate coming across as a young manager who has handled the team and pressures of being a national manager exceptionally well.

Then you tune in too the news or listen to linekar/wrighty/shearer etc and its a constant drone of over analysis.

England were unlucky

Scotland are shite

Ce la vie

What's her name?!

Not sure on her name? Just got a whattsapp pic off a pal where shes holding the mic, followed by another whattsapp video of her “playing around” can’t get it across on to here tho ?‍♂️ pm me your number and i can forward it ya if you have whattsapp [emoji106]

• 4 years later...

So, it begins.

Personally I’m looking forward to it. Don’t give a monkey’s toss about the manufactured outrage of the lbgt/etc. community. Their country, their rules.

Wouldn’t set foot there myself purely cos it looks like a dump.

Nevertheless, should be a good tournament, run us up to Christmas nicely.

England in with a good shout, should come out of the group easy enough.

• Like 2