ADVERTISTING YOUR BUSINESS

TreeBarbers1997

30 minutes ago, TreeBarbers1997 said:

Hello all, what do you guys do to advertise your business and how much turnover do you get a year? 

well yell is pretty much a dead duck, along with most traditional forms of advertising.  Most people still swear by local parish magazines though.

That leaves us with the internet

A good web presence is essential in my opinion, this is a window to your business.  I assume you have one?

Then theres various means of advertising it.  Investing money into the website itself is the cheapest advertisement as it costs nothing to have a nice position in google.  If not you have the option of google adwords.

Then of course theres facebook, twitter, instagram, list goes on and on.

I pay to advertise on facebook(although a different type of business) but im still not convinced its a good use of advertising revenue regardless how you target it, word of mouth being better

• Like 1

I work at a golf club as a greenkeeper which I’m at college for to get fully qualified I’ve already got my tickets, large felling, aerial rescue, chainsaw maintaince and cross cutting etc etc, by attending a 2 year Foresty & Arborculture course to gain experience, I’ve also had experience helping out my local tree surgeons as a groundie, I would ideally want to start a small business on the side of work in the winter months, what would you guys suggest as a starter pack in tree surgery like a simple business plan, to be as successful as you guys with all the nice equipment , I’ve got £15k budget, any ideas? 

1 hour ago, TreeBarbers1997 said:

I’ve also had experience helping out my local tree surgeons as a groundie, I would ideally want to start a small business on the side of work in the winter months 

no, you really don't! No commercial climbing experience and wanting to drum up business when the phones all go quiet for tree work?

• Like 2