What's your favourite climbing helmet?

PDizzle

Afternoon all, going through and replacing my older kit and getting some shiny new things for going self employed and I need to replace my lid - what's everyone's preference?

I've been using alveo vent the past 2 years and it never seems to sit right on my head. Had a kask when I first started and it was OK but didn't really know what I was looking for, remember it being comfortable though if not a bit hot in summer.

What do you think the best/most comfortable is?

3 hours ago, jamallio96 said:

The vertex vent seem to be the best as far as I know - without taking out a mortgage to buy a protos that is! xD

yep, turns out ive got a vertex vent not an alveo anyway. Maybe i need to get the thicker head padding so it sits more snug on my head and doesnt wobble so much. do you use a normal visor on it?

I'm still not sold on Protos helmets but I could just be being a hipster and not wanting to like them because theyre cool and mainstream now.

Thanks Steve - they look nice, ill see what i can find for the ear defs.

yep, turns out ive got a vertex vent not an alveo anyway. Maybe i need to get the thicker head padding so it sits more snug on my head and doesnt wobble so much. do you use a normal visor on it?

Yeah, I just got a kit one with the wire mesh visor and chipper ear muffs, nice and comfy! Everybody has a different shaped head though, might be that it just doesn't quite fit your proportions :-P

You can adjust the strap bit at the back, that can help quite a lot - it's got little clicky bits either side so you can set how high you want it to sit on the back of your head, hope that makes it clear enough.

Vertex vent for me, fits my big head and all ive ever had, i like it and tbh, not willing to try anything else!

When i did make the jump from employee, to self employed, i did go crazy and change from white to black (the black one then sat in the cupbord for months as it looked wrong :lol: )  

• Like 1

Vertex vent for me, fits my big head and all ive ever had, i like it and tbh, not willing to try anything else!
When i did make the jump from employee, to self employed, i did go crazy and change from white to black (the black one then sat in the cupbord for months as it looked wrong [emoji38] )  

I went for the blue as the guys I work with have orange and white.
Was sorely tempted by the black or the green as they looked much nicer, but didn't much like the prospect of losing it within a week! :-P

On 11/06/2018 at 20:22, jamallio96 said:

Yeah, I just got a kit one with the wire mesh visor and chipper ear muffs, nice and comfy! Everybody has a different shaped head though, might be that it just doesn't quite fit your proportions :-P

You can adjust the strap bit at the back, that can help quite a lot - it's got little clicky bits either side so you can set how high you want it to sit on the back of your head, hope that makes it clear enough.

Edited by carlos