NZ Residency Application - Help please!

Hi guys,

Has anyone here applied for residency in NZ?

I have a RFS certificate (Level 2) 

Does anyone know what the equivalent NZ Level is to this certification?

The cost of having my course assessed is large.

If anyone has been through the process and can advise me on this that would be awesome!

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

On 07/06/2018 at 23:22, JoeRD said:

Hi guys,

Has anyone here applied for residency in NZ?

I have a RFS certificate (Level 2) 

Does anyone know what the equivalent NZ Level is to this certification?

The cost of having my course assessed is large.

If anyone has been through the process and can advise me on this that would be awesome!

Many thanks in advance,

Joe

Hi Joe hows things ,I myself have been in NZ for nearly 17 months now and currently working in Auckland for TreeScape which help out alot of guys with work to residence visa's since they get alot of guys working for them who come from overseas . i however am on a 23 month working holiday visa since i am under 30 and my visa expires at the end of this year but i do work with a scottish lad who has just started who the company brought him over on a work to residence visa and he was telling me 2 years working with a accredited employer can gain you residency in NZ. i think its some sort of points system that you work towards , another guy i spoke to told me it was 4 years to gain residence but thats all i know. Best thing to do in my opinion is to contact Immigration New Zealand and tell them your cercamstances and they will tell you everything you need to know. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you are a climber then you shouldn't have an issue getting residency. NZ are crying out for arborists. If not then it's still do able you just won't have so many companies offering you work. 

Nptc certs don't count for anything over here. You don't need any qualifications to use a chainsaw or even to climb. Most companies and immigration however prefer that you are a level 4 arborist. I completed my qualification in about 12 months because I had previous experience. 

I would recommend getting in contact with treescape. They are new Zealands biggest company and are constantly hiring. Also check out trademe.co.nz

It's alot easier to get a job offer when your over here rather than trying to do it from the other side of the world. If your under 30 get a working holiday visa.  If not and you have a UK passport you get a 6 month tourist visa on arrival. Then get a job offer and apply for a work visa. I wouldn't waste your time ringing immigration they won't have a clue what your talking about in regards to qualifications. 

Personally I just knocked up a native. 

Good luck. 

Jack

• Like 2
  • Haha 1