What are your biggest pet peeves?

nath

8 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

Job dependent whether I set off with a saw or not.

If I choose not to (SRT ascents have already been mentioned) I’d like to think any groundie I’d want to work with wouldn’t have a problem in sending a saw up to me.

Yeah, but it is a bit of a faf when I'm trying to check in on Instagram.

so unfair.jpe

• Haha 1

Personally I always take the saw.

Number of reasons, I’m nearly all takedowns so I don’t need to get to the top to start cutting, bang a few bits on the floor on the way up, gives the groundsmen something to get on with while I’m setting up. Plus as has been said there’s nearly always something in your way that can be cut to ease your climb.

I understand SRT is different like that, but I don’t use it (yet)

• Like 1

If you are taking tree down mate would you not take saw up from start ? I like to have it on way up just to clear any stuff out I can and if any bits I can just drop ?

Depends on the tree don , more often I do but I just don’t understand why it’s an issue.
I’d rather not though carry more than necessary.... that includes spare krabs nd the like.

But surely the more shiny shit you have hanging off your harness the more Insta likes you get?

Thinking about it, I might start setting off from the ground with 2 saws at least.

The groundies will have plenty to do taking pictures of me, especially if I’m wearing my Oakleys as well.

?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Bolam said:

But surely the more shiny shit you have hanging off your harness the more Insta likes you get?

Thinking about it, I might start setting off from the ground with 2 saws at least.

The groundies will have plenty to do taking pictures of me, especially if I’m wearing my Oakleys as well.

?

It certainly sounds better when you walk into the pub still wearing it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I rarley do the first ascent with a saw unless its a 150 job.

If i can be 4kg lighter then i will.

Ive said it loads of times but climbers make the best groundies.

Were all on the ball when it comes too keepin the climber happy and well stocked and safe.

Mind you in a squad of 4 climbers who climb in rotation we are spoiled compared to the normal setup you guys have to deal with in the private sector day in day out.

Thats part of the reason why i hardly do any subbie work anymore...

The older i get the more im prone to just lobbing branches at cunts who are busy annoying the fuck out of me

• Like 1
  • Haha 4