What are your biggest pet peeves?

nath

I used to work with this jumped up know it all. Not a particularly good climber but seemed to think he was an expert on anything. Had done a million different jobs, you know the sort.

One day we were talking about Latin names and he said theres no wrong way to pronounce Latin as its a written language and not a spoken language. Although that didn't seem to stop him from correcting my pronounciation pretty much every single time I mentioned a tree or fungus in Latin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oldwoodcutter said:

Yes I’ve had them sitting out on their decking quaffing back jugs of Pimms and G&Ts getting louder n louder while we are parched and verging on sunstroke. The richer they are, and all that.

I ud associate that behavouir with new money btw.

• Like 1

On 14/06/2018 at 07:56, Graham said:

All of those and the pronunciation of 't' as 'd'.  Beadiful, fordy etc.  Don't you just luuurve it.

And the replacement of "th"  with "f" and the "ing" with  "k"   as in anyfink or nufink, cutting out the "h" in "wh" and cutting out the letter "r" so we have with the double negative  "There ain't nufink wong wif wot I said"

• Like 1

Climbers who seem to think its a massive hardship to climb a tree with a chainsaw and insist on having it tied on once they get to the top.  This seems to be a newbie thing, or a company specific thing.  I'm all for making things easier for my climber but does strapping a small saw on his waist as he climbs really cause too much inconvenience?  Then they get to the top and everything both top and bottom has to grind to a halt while he the groundies work is interupted to tie his saw on, then the climber hauls it up.  Might be being a bit pedantic, but its a completely unnecessary pause in the work flow.

I’ve gotta go back to this ! Is this really a thing that bothers people ?
I will take a 150-2511 up on most trees but I’m phucked if I’m gonna drag anything bigger around whilst setting up a big tree for working... never have and never will.
What does pish me off is ground guys who have no organisation skills, leave ropes in awkward places that snag rigging, or can’t be bothered to move my climbing ropes and cut up stuff over the top of it and stand there in there phones when you send a saw down for refuelling ... useless little shits , these deserve getting yelled at so that every one in a mile radius can hear what I think of them, it does help maintain that image of a prima Donna climber ... the screams then continue in to just a tirade of abuse as the day continues and I can blame the bastards for all my errors of judgement made whilst climbing... gotta love some team work.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve gotta go back to this ! Is this really a thing that bothers people ?
I will take a 150-2511 up on most trees but I’m phucked if I’m gonna drag anything bigger around whilst setting up a big tree for working... never have and never will.
What does pish me off is ground guys who have no organisation skills, leave ropes in awkward places that snag rigging, or can’t be bothered to move my climbing ropes and cut up stuff over the top of it and stand there in there phones when you send a saw down for refuelling ... useless little shits , these deserve getting yelled at so that every one in a mile radius can hear what I think of them, it does help maintain that image of a prima Donna climber ... the screams then continue in to just a tirade of abuse as the day continues and I can blame the bastards for all my errors of judgement made whilst climbing... gotta love some team work.
If you are taking tree down mate would you not take saw up from start ? I like to have it on way up just to clear any stuff out I can and if any bits I can just drop ?
  • Like 1