What are your biggest pet peeves?

nath

OK How about buying something 4 months ago only to find out much too late that it's definitely not what it said on the label.  I give you by way of example my new blackcurrant bush.  I thought those leaves looked dodgy when they first came out !

20180608_101517.jpg

• Like 1

The clients daughter being back from uni and prancing round in shorts/pants and some odd green jumper which was meant as a dress I believe. Meaning for the last two days the lads have been chipping their tongues and staring wistfully. Girl you are costing me money, lads errrrr..... Stop looking and get some work done.

pain in the bloody arse and the mother knows she keeps sending her inside or of on errands. 

• Like 2

The clients daughter being back from uni and prancing round in shorts/pants and some odd green jumper which was meant as a dress I believe. Meaning for the last two days the lads have been chipping their tongues and staring wistfully. Girl you are costing me money, lads errrrr..... Stop looking and get some work done.

pain in the bloody arse and the mother knows she keeps sending her inside or of on errands. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

On 06/06/2018 at 14:23, Steve Bullman said:

i'll add to it, the incessant use of the word 'like' about 5 times in every sentence.

Together with Upspeak I will add Glottal Fry which seems to be mainly used by young women at the end of their sentences.  They all make the person sound very needy.

Taking the "T" out of the word as in "goh" instead of "got".   Miliband and Blair being prime candidates in their quest to be trendy.

Finally the use of inverted commas with the hands which seems to go well with wearing sunglasses on top of the head. (Doesn't seem to work for me mainly in cap and hard hat!)

As the thread is named "pet peeves" these things are only minor irritants,  I do have a life, need to go and chop some wood to make me feel better and forget about it for a while!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Billhook said:

Together with Upspeak I will add Glottal Fry which seems to be mainly used by young women at the end of their sentences.  They all make the person sound very needy.

Taking the "T" out of the word as in "goh" instead of "got".   Miliband and Blair being prime candidates in their quest to be trendy.

Finally the use of inverted commas with the hands which seems to go well with wearing sunglasses on top of the head. (Doesn't seem to work for me mainly in cap and hard hat!)

As the thread is named "pet peeves" these things are only minor irritants,  I do have a life, need to go and chop some wood to make me feel better and forget about it for a while!

All of those and the pronunciation of 't' as 'd'.  Beadiful, fordy etc.  Don't you just luuurve it.

• Like 1