I'm a Big Girls Bottom.

Stevie777

1 hour ago, ag Ed said:

you silly puff!
something like a bloody 3120xp or 880 couldn't backfire and hurt you, basically not possible as far as i can see with a recoil starter! 
you try kick starting motorbikes that are far too big and far too heavy for you when you're far too young, or hand starting old tractors
then you'll know what a back fire is! a few bruised shins, forearms and broken wrists and arms later! ?

If I'm not mistaken ( can't be arsed to go back ) but I think the saw is quite an old one . Pre retarding coils for start up . So you are more likely to have it bight you if you are not positive with it . Get it a BDC before you pull it and mean it when you do !

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

If I'm not mistaken ( can't be arsed to go back ) but I think the saw is quite an old one . Pre retarding coils for start up . So you are more likely to have it bight you if you are not positive with it . Get it a BDC before you pull it and mean it when you do !

Sorry I've just realised I'm a twat and wasn't thinking straight, I blame the heat 

You are absolutely correct, yes on an older saw with pre retarding coils I can now see it could be a very real risk 

Still nothing conpared to the standard fordson, I saw a lad  break his arm in 2 places and shatter his wrist starting one of them!

3 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

I realised I was one of those years ago, and get reminded frequently, that I haven't changed.

Don't worry about it :D

haha thanks, i don't ever give a toss what other people think of me, i know i'm a silly twat and i'm happy with that! ? 
it just can be a bit embarrassing when it's a subject you're experienced and even qualified in, i blame the years stacking up!