I'm a Big Girls Bottom.

Stevie777

I'm an Idiot.

If you have been following my post about my hard to pull and furious backfire when starting chainsaw then I'm sorry...I'm really really sorry for asking as many questions. And here's why.
I tore the saw apart, bought a flywheel puller, only to find the woodruff key was fine. Poked things I probably shouldn't have been poking. added a new kill switch, well, just in case. Clean everything that needed cleaning and stuck it all back together. Only to discover it was still hard to pull. #*"@##!!!

2 weeks of watching videos and reading up on saw maintenance, endless hours spent searching for service manuals and parts to no avail. Stuck the machine back together, fired some DW 40 into the cylinder and left it an hour.
Tried again to pull it over. Still hard to pull. Pulled the spark plug boot, still hard to pull...

Finally, before I gave up altogether and tossed it I decided to just go for it one last time and really put my back into it with the boot off...Hell, If I snap something I snap it, Doesn't matter, The saws got problems and parts are obsolete. lesson learned and move on.

Well, low and behold it felt easy to pull. So spark plug boot back on and give it some welly on the pull cord. Boom!!!, No hard pull and no backfire, Running like a champ.

I've stopped and started this machine all day. I can actually pull on it now without having to put my foot on the handle to hold it down...Here's the kicker. Turns out the problem was Me. I have been pulling it like a big girls arse. Probably because I got a bit scared the first time it backfired and psychologically wasn't pulling hard enough just in case I might hurt my fingy wingys again.

So once again, So sorry to bust your balls with questions and multi pics. I let that backfire get into my head. maybe a lesson for all those,(and I'm not the only one) with questions on hard to pull saws. 1f928.png?_nc_eui2=AeGlAWYeYSGYkJM3jTrfr?

btw, is the engine running a bit rich? 1f602.png?_nc_eui2=AeEPzbjqI_-B44Q2NCjM9?
New Plug.

IMG_20180527_180249.jpg

Edited by Stevie777
  • Like 1

If your gonna be using the saw please do some internet research on what causes kick back your confusing terms here, actual kick back is a phenomenon caused when actually cutting and not starting a saw... it can be fatal so please have google on chainsaw kickback and cutting best practices... good you got the saw running [emoji1303]

https://www.husqvarna.com/uk/forest/when-working/usage/work-tasks-with-risk-of-kickback/

I was trying not to be rude, A big girl's blouse would be correct for most regions, Here in Motherwell, Big girls arse is generally the go-to insult. Or at least it is for me. ?

Edited by Stevie777
  • Like 1

you silly puff!
something like a bloody 3120xp or 880 couldn't backfire and hurt you, basically not possible as far as i can see with a recoil starter! 
you try kick starting motorbikes that are far too big and far too heavy for you when you're far too young, or hand starting old tractors
then you'll know what a back fire is! a few bruised shins, forearms and broken wrists and arms later! ?