Kingswood Training Kent and freelance

AriesArborists

Basically I would say its the same as anything job in terms of Quals, they are simply just that.

Retraining means starting again and as long as thats ok with you, then no issues. Yes you can go free lance straight away, just be up front with all those you approach.

Offer your services to lots ( rather than just a few) different companies, you will soon workout the good ones, then learn from those and you should develop nicely, plenty do well in my experience, good luck with it all and regards to Jim at Kingswood if he's still there????

• Like 1

All about having a good attitude i have found in previous roles. i will be in a similar position to you in a couple of months but have been using a saw for a while now and recreationally climb ( currently on a hitch climber setup and getting some SRT gadgets next month) the more you practice the more normal it becomes. 

i started doing a few bits to help my brothers gardening fork up north, pruning with just a silky saw and a removal using a 200T all my own kit. 

Have since done a few removals for mates. If you are practically minded and respect any sharp kit you pick up,( i have a background in building canal boats so hot, dangerous steel works, using compression and tension in metal etc)  start low and slow. courses will teach the basics i have been told it’s like your driving license, you learn to pass then gain experience in how to drive.

A can do attitude, desire to learn and not moaning make you employable. 

Just remember the training courses didn’t always exist and the trainers had to learn their way, plenty of good guys learnt before HSE got involved and made courses essential... 

I'm in the same position...got a few tickets and doing 40 41 next month and after a while got my first days proper work ...at the end of the day every single person has started at the bottom and worked up ...so long as your confident but not cocky and willing to learn and take on board what your being told then go for it ....