What’s up with app?

Al Cormack

On the app version I have it opening up straight away into the timeline of new posts or threads, whereas each time with the web version its a catalogue of sponsors or ads first followed by trending etc. as a list of 5 followed by another list of something else that I can't remember. Just take me straight to posts, - I'm both lazy and old fashioned I'm afraid, all I need is an easy way in, I've also got used to the reply / new post/ new thread commands of the app. It all seems very clunky and awkward by smartphone on web, maybe its better and more user friendly on a laptop or pc? 

Edited by skc101fc
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, skc101fc said:

On the app version I have it opening up straight away into the timeline of new posts or threads, whereas each time with the web version its a catalogue of sponsors or ads first followed by trending etc. as a list of 5 followed by another list of something else that I can't remember. Just take me straight to posts, - I'm both lazy and old fashioned I'm afraid, all I need is an easy way in, I've also got used to the reply / new post/ new thread commands of the app. It all seems very clunky and awkward by smartphone on web, maybe its better and more user friendly on a laptop or pc? 

I dont know..im the opposite, I don't even use the app anymore as the mobile version works better.

WIll look at addressing some of those points though, other than the ads....you want a free forum after all I presume :)

1 minute ago, Yournamehere said:

Sorry to be a butinsky; when on 'today's posts' hit 'book-mark this page'/'add to favourites bar' or whatevs; and next time you'll come straight back.

Simples.

better still, turn the bookmark into an icon so it acts just like having any other app on your phone.  Thats exactly what i've done.

8 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

better still, turn the bookmark into an icon so it acts just like having any other app on your phone.  Thats exactly what i've done.

Ok guys, I'll give it a go and see what happens. As with most things once I'm used to it , I suppose the site becomes second nature. ?

I use the generic Tapatalk app for all my forum browsing now. It’s much slicker than any browser interface and means I have all my forums in one place. 

It’s not working for Arbtalk now, which I presume is the same problem as with the Arbtalk branded app? It’s working fine for everything else though. 

I hope you’re able to get it sorted again!