Stubby’s opinion please

Baldbloke

46 minutes ago, Baldbloke said:

Think I’ll run another tankful through it and see if I can blow the cobwebs out of itemoji1303.png

I reckon thats the answer :D, give it plenty of welly. 

If it's not too late take the plug out at the same time as the exhaust is off, lower the piston and you'll get a chance to see the combustion chamber, piston crown . The extra daylight helps a lot. 

• Like 1

Plug should be a light coffee colour ideally . If its black and sooty its running rich ( carb adjustment or wrong mix ratio ) if its grey /white its too lean and running too hot .

Thanks for your input!

Plug is correct colour. Also starts first pull when hot and picks up straight away on giving full throttle [emoji1303]

Just run three tank fills through it without a hiccup[emoji1303]

Think it must have been bits of old coke breaking away and being attracted to the plug. Hugh did admit it had sat around for a long time without being used.

I reckon thats the answer [emoji3], give it plenty of welly. 
If it's not too late take the plug out at the same time as the exhaust is off, lower the piston and you'll get a chance to see the combustion chamber, piston crown . The extra daylight helps a lot. 

I did actually do that but couldn’t get a decent photo that was worth posting. Piston top was black and I suspect a bit coked up.
Now idles, revs up cleanly and it certainly is fit to take out the brambles, ivy and couch with ease[emoji1303]