Life’s small pleasures.

Mick Dempsey

Splitting firewood with an axe on a cold, dry, day when the ground is frozen.

Cruising down a country lane at the end of a hard days work in the summer with the windows down, something relaxing on the stereo looking forward to a cold beer.

Decoying pigeons when they are just dropping into the pattern and you can hardly reload fast enough.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, White Noise said:

Still being able to see my little todger at 47    Im still a chubby  chap  though . Its hard graft on the tool, draw back fat dicky in hand.    

Remove some of the words of a posting without adding any words often reveals a hidden message...

Ty

• Like 3

seeing young mothers with their young children.. something life affirming about it..

silence...  

watching the stars when I take a leak outside late at night....   most of our myths are built round those constellations..  I muse on  our ancestors doin the same thing telling their stories around them..

• Like 3

The smell of my 2 year olds hair in my face.

My daughters growing tri-lingual vocabulary.

No longer the proud owner of an growing empire, I have found pleasure in working for others as a subby.

The pressure is off my shoulders, the buck stops elsewhere and I sleep easier without the constant worry.

Ty

• Like 3

The blast of evening cold air when you walk outside from a stuffy room on a summers evening.

The first heat from the sun on your body in spring after a hard winter.

First BBQ of the year, half a bottle of red and in to a bag of chilli crisps just before the meat is ready for serving.

• Like 2