Life’s small pleasures.

Mick Dempsey

Getting older means that little pleasures are to be treasured, give us three random small things that brighten up your existence.

1: Coming down the stairs every morning to see my dog jumping at the door eager to go for a walk.

2: Johnnie Walker’s Sounds of the Seventies, Sunday summer afternoons going back in time 40 odd years.

3: A glass of wine or two on Friday Night after completing an incident free, well paid, good weeks work.

• Like 9

1: getting up a little earlier in the morning and having some quiet time with a big cafetière of strong coffee.

2: long weekend away somewhere nice (and not too expensive) once every 3 months.

3: Got given an old pair of Castle speakers and a Marantz amp recently. Every now and then it’s nice to blast a couple of tunes out.

Great thread, by the way. [emoji106]

• Like 1

1. Watching the blackbird getting worms out of the lawn for his breakfast

2. Sunrise. Seen it a thousand times but it still warms the cockles of the heart.

3. The smell of the morning dog walk on Dartmoor. Gorse, May blossom bracken just the smell of freshly wetted ground.

Edited by Woodworks
  • Like 1

1) Sawing and splitting by hand some green oak, log-goblinned courtesy of the stack by the roadside left a couple of weeks ago by whichever crew was doing WPD line clearance work in Hatton. 

2) Sitting typing this thread in the evening shade, birds singing, me looking out over the garden which looks a lot better than it did at 10am this morning when I started on it. 

3) Travelling to Germany and staying in a nice hotel with a spa where they do the whole German sauna thing...

Still being able to see my little todger at 47  .....when many of my friends  struggle to see there feet :  )   Im still a chubby  chap  though . Its hard graft on the tools and has its draw backs but heck if it werent for this job Id be  on  fat families ......

Also love getting up early to feed the dicky birds with a black strong coffee in hand .    

• Like 1