Life’s small pleasures.

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, manco said:

am i the only one on here thats thinking about boobs then?

or just the only honest one thats gonna admit it?

Definitely one of the greatest pleasures in life 👍

and the English translation -

I've lived alone for many years
Life is dull, everyday life is grey
I lose patience, sanity and hair
I would like to have a wife
And the hope wants to wane
Finding a partner
Who is coequal to me
No, there’s no luck in sight

Chorus]
She doesn't have to be beautiful
She doesn't have to be smart, no
She doesn’t have to be rich
Not a model with long strides
But big tits

Like a constantly open wound
Blood drips from the soul
Only consolation are little dogs
A fine miss would be good
A fine miss would be great
I'm not demanding at all
I'm not picky at all
At the end of the story

[Chorus]
She doesn't have to be smart, no
She doesn't have to be rich
But I would like to ask for one thing
Big tits

[Instrumental Break]

[Bridge]
I'm not demanding at all
But big boobs would be great

[Chorus]
She doesn’t have to be smart
She only has to be rich
In adipose tissue, please, please
She won’t miss anything from me
She doesn't even have to kiss me
Doesn’t need to comfort me with grapes
She only has to have huge tits
Big tits

Genius Answer1 contributor

• Like 2

I hope it will be a pleasure in life and it’s definitely given me something to do this week - BBQ and pizza oven. (Oven still to be cast!).

Bricks, sand etc. all picked up for cheap or free via Facebook marketplace, mixer gifted from my father as he’s decided that he’s no longer likely to do any more building at 80 years young.

I’ve never been shown how to do it and have only laid bricks once before in my life - four or five courses for a raised bed - so up to now although it’s been slow progress I’m reasonably pleased. No doubt a professional brickie would have been quicker and neater, but to have got to this height and still have vertical walls and levels perfect across e.g. the protruding bricks for the BBQ fire tray (left hand side bay) is rewarding.

Casting the plinth and doing the form work for the pizza oven will be interesting though…

IMG_2318.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, djbobbins said:

I hope it will be a pleasure in life and it’s definitely given me something to do this week - BBQ and pizza oven. (Oven still to be cast!).

Bricks, sand etc. all picked up for cheap or free via Facebook marketplace, mixer gifted from my father as he’s decided that he’s no longer likely to do any more building at 80 years young.

I’ve never been shown how to do it and have only laid bricks once before in my life - four or five courses for a raised bed - so up to now although it’s been slow progress I’m reasonably pleased. No doubt a professional brickie would have been quicker and neater, but to have got to this height and still have vertical walls and levels perfect across e.g. the protruding bricks for the BBQ fire tray (left hand side bay) is rewarding.

Casting the plinth and doing the form work for the pizza oven will be interesting though…

IMG_2318.jpg

Looks good to me! this is something I shall be interested in seeing your progress with, we BBQ all year but a pizza oven has been on my to do list for a while now and have gleened enough info to start one when in our new abode I shall build all the best Essexlogman!

• 11 months later...

Just seen from the last post it’s taken me nigh-on a year to get around to actually casting the plinth, installing the fire bricks and moulding the dome for the pizza oven.  

But first firing this evening. 😊

Will do a few bigger fires over the next couple of weeks; I’m hoping the birthday present fairy brings me an IR thermometer later this week too… 

IMG_0310.jpeg

• Like 6

Keep us posted, the pizza oven is slowly creeping higher up my To Do list, now that the fresh water pipe, waste water pipes, and electric duct have all been buried... just got to finish the balcony, all the wood cladding, windows and doors flashing, landscaping etc... hopefully by this time next year!

How did you make the dome? I was thinking of doing a long brick arch over half a blue plastic barrel, but I'm flexible with that plan.

22 minutes ago, peds said:

Keep us posted, the pizza oven is slowly creeping higher up my To Do list, now that the fresh water pipe, waste water pipes, and electric duct have all been buried... just got to finish the balcony, all the wood cladding, windows and doors flashing, landscaping etc... hopefully by this time next year!

How did you make the dome? I was thinking of doing a long brick arch over half a blue plastic barrel, but I'm flexible with that plan.

I bought a 65cm gym ball, found a large pallet, filled the gaps in between the slats on the pallet, cut a circa 63cm diameter hole in it and inflated the ball.  

Plywood forming for the doorway, plus also cut a 85cm diameter semi-circle out of another sheet of ply - so I could try to get the dome walls 10cm thick all round.  

The mix was 2 parts sand, 1 part hydrated lime, 1 part fireclay and 1 part fast-setting cement.  Then 5 parts coarse perlite to 2 of that.  

• Thanks 1