Pro-Lite

Glencairn

Has anyone actually used the spare sprocket stored in the nose of Oregon Pro-lite bars?

Last year I ordered a pro-lite bar online for my saw and received a Pro-am instead.

The supplier reckoned that there was next to no difference between a top end home user bar and an entry level professional bar... I wasn't convinced.

4 minutes ago, Glencairn said:

Has anyone actually used the spare sprocket stored in the nose of Oregon Pro-lite bars?

Last year I ordered a pro-lite bar online for my saw and received a Pro-am instead.

The supplier reckoned that there was next to no difference between a top end home user bar and an entry level professional bar... I wasn't convinced.

Hi G,  i have no idea what spare sprocket you are referring to?

It says in the information about oregon bars that they store a spare nose sprocket inside the bar.

All mine are in too good condition to break open, but I'm sure someone on here will have a knackered one that they can look inside.
I think maybe you've misinterpreted the blurb. The sprockets are replaceable but I don't think there's a spare hiding in the bar.
Not the worst idea ever I suppose but it would negate the whole "as light as possible" bit...?
  • Like 2

I think it is just saying the sprockets are replaceable. But I've never known any one to replace one in a laminated bar - either it has failed too early and is more a warranty thing - or the bar will be well and truly worn out... and then not worth replacing a failed sprocket.

2 hours ago, Glencairn said:

I'll put my money where my mouth is - A £20.00 charitable donation to the mountain bothies association if I've monumentally cocked this up.

go on then bud,  do a video of you cutting open the bar with an angle grinder and the spare sprocket falling out floor!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Glencairn said:

It says in the information about oregon bars that they store a spare nose sprocket inside the bar.

Just point to a reference where it says this and it might help clear up the confusion.