Chessa

Bitey things 2018

On 05/12/2018 at 13:30, Chessa said:

Just for the record: 4th December 2018 in Sheffield - after frost and even some snow: MIDGES!

Six bites to the forehead and several nibbling my ears.

These critters must be zombie insects?

They'll be foreign midges, after Brexit hey'll be gone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man, I gave up a long time ago. I smear DEET(Jungle Formula brand... because 50% DEET) and Permethryn(Sawyer - cause... Sawyer - it's .5% Permythryn) on to my boots socks and trouser cuffs, arm cuffs, hat/helmet, collar, gloves and waistband as thick and often as I can. And I do this to my casual attire as well if I am gonna go near the outdoors. I also spray the drapes by the window openings with it when my wife isn't looking. I attract the bastards - prolly cause I smell like an animal and have type-O blood(it's a thing, according to the interwebs). I also have lovely reactions to being bitten as well, so would rather burn and shorten my life with DEET than spend the evening trying to remove my skin with my fingernails, or taking copious amounts of drugs and or alcohol.

I am wondering if anyone else can report on the 'smidge' stuff, too. I do recall trying a can of OFF-Active that worked rather well on midges, but dunno if it worked on skeeters. Smelled lovely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Schroeter said:

Doesn't it eat climbing harnesses too and make you fall out of trees?

If one drunk it I dare say it would make one fall out of trees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Chiggers are trombidaeie
(Can't spell)
There are 2 types only one is bad.
Broader shoulders than waist or the other way round(can't remember)
Little bastards!!!
I've lived in the woods with these before.
Can pass on some nasty diseases too.

• Sad 1

This was the back of my neck earlier this year. I’m 99% certain it was a spider of some sort as I had the remnants of one on my hand after I’d scratched my neck. Little bugger tingled that’s for sure. I had bite marks from my arse crack right up to my neck.

63B79146-24A8-415A-A497-9FA62BD73806.jpeg

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, IronMike said:

This was the back of my neck earlier this year. I’m 99% certain it was a spider of some sort as I had the remnants of one on my hand after I’d scratched my neck. Little bugger tingled that’s for sure. I had bite marks from my arse crack right up to my neck.

63B79146-24A8-415A-A497-9FA62BD73806.jpeg

Phew ! thought it going to be yer shit chute for a second there !