Funding my first chipper

wjotner

2 hours ago, dig-dug-dan said:

Red diesel 60p litre, petrol, £1.30. You do the maths!

That's alright if you can buy it in bulk and have space to store it. I use petrol stations to fill my chipper on diesel so my next one is most likely going to be the petrol forst

If the government carries on pissing about with diesel engines as they're doin now, no one will have a diesel engine'd chipper in future even if someone gives em one...

I'd get a petrol chipper and price in an extra tenner for the fuel...

New diesel cars have nosedived..  I wonder fkin why?....   clowns..

1 hour ago, Vespasian said:

If the government carries on pissing about with diesel engines as they're doin now, no one will have a diesel engine'd chipper in future even if someone gives em one...

I'd get a petrol chipper and price in an extra tenner for the fuel...

New diesel cars have nosedived..  I wonder fkin why?....   clowns..

Its a joke. One minute diesels are polluters, next they are not, now they are again. We cant win

• Like 2

Well iffen our Government was as all-fired concerned about the Environment and our health, they would be supplying rebated petrol, to encourage its use in non road going plant and machinery, no doubt this would be supplied by flying pigs!

but if we got red diesel, why not red petrol?

mth

11 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

think they were referring to buying used from someone who isn't vat registered pete

Surely VAT registration means that while the tax is chargeable on all your sales, the amount that you pay in your purchases is reclaimed against that! Being unregistered and selling stuff isn't a way out of paying or charging value added tax?

• Confused 1

Hi all, fairly new to here and first post so bare with me please.

Great advice from all. I am currently in the same position and looking to buy my first chipper. From what i have researched and the questions that i have asked (all a little cloudy from all parties) the new Diesel engines with dpf filters to comply with the emissions will firstly be more expensive than the petrol ones and secondly to burn cleaner will have to run off white diesel. I’m not sure how that one works but if so the petrol versions will be far more cost effective.

From all that you guys have mentioned i think it will be a no brainer to invest in a petrol.

I am going to get a GreenMech 150p and Forst ST6P on demo to see how they get on.

It’s a big jump for a new business to invest like this but at the same time very exciting.

• Like 2