FSI B22

jose

Hi Guys

Had the demo today on this. 
Its definitely a good little machine! I was comparing it to a Predator 460 which has a 25 hp engine compared to the 14hp this has.

First impression was it felt a little under powered. But started on a 3ft scotts pine stump and it did it no problems.

In fact its much smoother and less brutal / violent than the predator

Didnt seem to like a regular leylandii stump as much which surprised me a little as the predator annihilates these. But it did it no worries. Id say this took another 5-10 minutes longer than i would have expected the 460 to do it.

A small silver birch flew through like a breeze.

Controls seem all sturdy, swing release and brakes etc. 

In fact the brake system seems a lot better than the 460 single disc brake setup.

Build quality seem very solid and well built. In fact although its 20kg lighter than the 460 it actually feels heavier swinging it left and right. but this seems to enable a  smooth sweep.

in fact the only criticism i had which really isnt anything was the pin that adjusts the handle bar height is quite thin compared to the hole it goes in and so has about 5-10 mm play. But this is been super critical

Would i buy it? I am seriously considering it. Only thing is my 460 is working like a trooper at the minute. But i am one of those that lies to cycle my kit to reduce potential down time.

Also must say thanks to John for coming out and letting me have a proper go on it. 

any questions let me know

Thank you Jose, for the review.

You are describing my exact dilemma. I am trying to decide whether to buy the B22 or the 460. I have tested neither. My impression is that the B22 is a better build and quality, but the 460 is more powerful.

Since the B22 is cheaper, my only concern is that it is underpowered. 14 hp with a 5 - 10 % loss in the hydrostatic drive vs the 460 with 25 hp and little loss in belt drive.

Would you buy a new 460 or B22 if you had to replace your current 460?

Here in Norway, the Predator 460 is called Laski F 460 E. I believe it is pretty much the same machine..? They look pretty identical.

• 4 months later...